Flunked January mocks, am I going to fail real exams?

Watch
camcole44
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
This has to be the millionth post I’ve made worrying about my January mocks. I haven’t actually got my grades back yet but I know for a fine fact I flunked them. Even though I didn’t revise, paper 1 wasn’t so bad as I’m generally better at that content. Worse case scenario I get a D. But I’m expecting at least a C. However, paper 2 was a whole other story. Best case scenario I get an E. Worst, I get kicked off my course. Okay, I’m probably exaggerating a bit. But I know for a fine fact I flunked paper 2. It wasn’t entirely my fault; it was more my teacher’s. Instead of using a past AQA Psychology Paper 2 exam (like a normal teacher would), she made the paper herself and included topics we haven’t yet been taught. There were also research method questions where the experiment was crossed out (indicating that we didn’t have to answer it) but then the actual question itself wasn’t. So it was unclear as to wether we had to answer it or not. However, it was also my fault that I wasn’t able to answer some questions due to pure lack of revision.

I’m really upset. I know I’m jumping the gun as I haven’t actually got my grades back yet but I know I failed. The real paper 1 Psychology exam is in May. That’s 5 little months. If I have failed, do you think I can still pull a B in the summer? The worst part is that I performed quite well on my last set of mocks. I revised hard every night for a good few weeks. I got a C+ and was so so close to a B. But now, after this set of mocks, I’ve started questioning wether even that was good performance. Am I going to fail my A-levels?
Last edited by camcole44; 1 year ago
cleverclog11
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There is no definite answer for this. It is your responsibility to revise more and achieve higher grades. Hearing from previous students I know some people got D in the mocks but they achieved Grade A in the real exam, with consistent revision. Overall, no your not going to fail your A-level if you revise thoroughly especially subjects like Psychology, where remembering contents is essential. Generally, people are meant to do terrible for mocks exam so they are motivated more to do better in the real exam.
Mumofson
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Have a look at Uplearn . My son is resitting his A level economics A level and is using this as well as 6th form lessons. He says it’s very good and I know they also do Psychology on it. You get a 3 day free trial to see if you think it’s worth buying and if you don’t get an A you can claim your money back.
naeology
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You’re not going to fail your a levels. Psychology a level is content heavy and I know that can make it feel really nerve racking when thinking about the real exams. The best thing you can do with psychology revision is constant repetition, that’s the only way the content is going stay in your head.

Keep in mind that your teacher made up this paper, and so really, it isn’t much of a reflection on how well you’d do in a real exam. And if it makes you feel any better I think I flopped my psychology mock as well. We still have 5 months. 5 months is a lot of time. My psychology teacher literally told me it’s not a matter of being smart how well you do depends on your memory — I’m sure you can get an A if you work really hard
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Blergh I got an E in philosophy mocks and came out with an A* in the subject. It can be done.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (95)
5.01%
Uncertainty around my education (287)
15.14%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (201)
10.6%
Lack of purpose or motivation (266)
14.03%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (83)
4.38%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (109)
5.75%
Loneliness (164)
8.65%
Financial worries (68)
3.59%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (83)
4.38%
Exposure to negative news/social media (90)
4.75%
Lack of real life entertainment (105)
5.54%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (166)
8.76%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (179)
9.44%

Watched Threads