The Student Room Group

iLLM LPC University of Law (London- Bloomsbury, March 2019)

Hello
I wondered if anyone is starting the iLLM (LPC) with the University of law this coming March, or is currently studying for the qualification. I am due to start in March, and I wondered if there would be any pre-reading that would be beneficial, any advice, or just to reach out to anyone who will be at the induction.
Hi adampatrick,

I'm doing to the LPC, I started in September 2019. Before I started, they give you a refresher pack available online which is bascially a review of all the essential laws e.g. contract, tort, criminal, public, land etc... so it might be worth just going over those topics. Also, even though you do get access to books on induction, someone has recommended the Your LPC book (a blue book). It's helpful in understanding the stage 1 modules.

I don't know about doing the online course and am based in Manchester but if have anymore questions about the LPC just ask.

Jade
Reply 2
Original post by The University of Law Students
Hi adampatrick,

I'm doing to the LPC, I started in September 2019. Before I started, they give you a refresher pack available online which is bascially a review of all the essential laws e.g. contract, tort, criminal, public, land etc... so it might be worth just going over those topics. Also, even though you do get access to books on induction, someone has recommended the Your LPC book (a blue book). It's helpful in understanding the stage 1 modules.

I don't know about doing the online course and am based in Manchester but if have anymore questions about the LPC just ask.

Jade

Hi Jade

Thank you for responding, your advice is very helpful.

I have ordered the Your LPC book to help me through; it does have some good reviews.

I've started to progress through the revision tasks, and its a good job, as I've realised that I need to 'brush-up' on some areas.

Hope your studies are going well. I'm exploring different options for the dissertation, although I know this is not until the end of year 2. From what I can make out, its not like a traditional masters dissertation! It seems to be centred around a topic relating to an elective, advising how developments in the law would impact the sector, solicitor and client. It seems to be more around advising professional practice.

Adam

Quick Reply