The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
red665
Now I literally mean how little money you, yourself have had at any given point. I don't mean how much your dad gets paid or whatever.

I went through 2 weeks with no more than 12p in my pocket. That was all the money I had, as I'd maxed out my overdraft to its entirety, spent all my wages the week before and had no form of getting any more money from anyone.

Thank god I lived at home for uni, as it meant I could take packed-lunches in like some little year 6 kid and I thankfully had a monthly travelcard at the time which I'd bought (actually I think it was the reason for my being poor - Gggrrr, Ken Livingstone!) but apart from that I had nout!

Everyone else?
right now i have -£8.20 in my bank, this is probably the poorest ive ever been
Reply 21
I currently have a grand total of 3p on me. I need that to get through the week. :smile:
Reply 22
The least i've had is £90...i didnt work for a year to do college stuff better

But now i have a full time job so im saving for uni :smile:
Reply 23
red665
Now I literally mean how little money you, yourself have had at any given point. I don't mean how much your dad gets paid or whatever.

I went through 2 weeks with no more than 12p in my pocket. That was all the money I had, as I'd maxed out my overdraft to its entirety, spent all my wages the week before and had no form of getting any more money from anyone.

Thank god I lived at home for uni, as it meant I could take packed-lunches in like some little year 6 kid and I thankfully had a monthly travelcard at the time which I'd bought (actually I think it was the reason for my being poor - Gggrrr, Ken Livingstone!) but apart from that I had nout!

Everyone else?

When I went through some bad times I was 5 and a half grand in debt via a loan and credit card, I also was nearly 2K overdrawn on my current account. My only saving grace was the fact that I had a job.

Technically I was not solvent and if the bank stopped my overdraft I would have been screwed, I am still amazed that I managed to get out of this predicament.
i was cash rich before Uni, im now at my lowest ive ever been in 3 years with £318 in my bank
I went through weeks and months of being homeless and not having enough money to feed myself.
Reply 26
I guess i am quite poor at the moment and by the end of my 6 year possibly 7 year degree i'll be even worse off! In the short term. My parents aren't giving me any money, i give my mum money to help out with things. I don't have a job at the moment although i will probably get one. And i am not going to use my overdraft at all.
Reply 27
I've never really been 'poor'. Not because I get given loads of money, but because I'm really good at saving. Even when I was younger I saved all the money I was given! At the moment I get about £40 a week from my job which goes straight in my bank, and I try to save as much as possible. I will need it for uni!
Well I'm always poor, since my mum wont let me work and says i got to study. My dad keeps forgetting to give me pocket money and i just wont ask him (dont ask me why).
But I'm not that bad off cause if I want something I just tell my parents and they'll give me the money for it. But I hate being poor. *whines*
Reply 29
vortex_199
Well I'm always poor, since my mum wont let me work and says i got to study. My dad keeps forgetting to give me pocket money and i just wont ask him (dont ask me why).
But I'm not that bad off cause if I want something I just tell my parents and they'll give me the money for it. But I hate being poor. *whines*

You're lucky, the minute I turned 16 my parents made me get a job!
i had 10 pence a week pocket money when i was a kid, then it went up to 50pence a month, then a fiver then a tenner then it stoped. thats all ive really had, if i want anything i have to buy it myself. my mum never gives hand outs, she will buy something for me if its not to expenceive but will always ask for it back, i dont think my dad ever bought me anything and he owes me 2 quid.
Reply 31
I guess I probably am now. My bank account is registering -1090, of which I'm owed 100 back. But I have 130 on my credit card. And however many thousands three years of the student loan costs me.

Alaric.

Latest

Trending

Trending