What makes a developed point in higher English? Watch

Therobdob
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
The title says it all really, At Nat 5 English you got one mark for a quote and one mark for an analysis but at higher you get one mark for basic comment and two marks for a detailed/insightful analysis.

My problem is that i always seem to get only basic comments, and despite trying I can never seem to make a detailed point. Are there any tips anyone can give me For writing a more insightful analysis of a quote in RUAE/set text portion of the exam?
infinityjj13
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
There is no set answer to what markers actually give marks for - I did Higher last year and it took me ages to get the hang of what they were looking for too, it's horrible. Try and develop you answers more, maybe after your quote state your comment but then back up your comment of why this is the case. I found the more questions I did the more I got used to writing more and developing my answers... but I know studying for English is the most boring thing ever.

Hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (79)
13.72%
1 (77)
13.37%
2 (73)
12.67%
19.27%
21.88%
19.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed