cbaforcba
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Yesterday I went for my first interview at a proper job, I have worked in Waitrose for the past year, interview wise, it is not very professional, anyways so I went into it not having much experience, it was for an office junior role in a solicitors, I shall add that I have no interest in being a solicitor at the moment, the office junior role just seemed appealing and if I was to get the job, in the future, if the opportunity rose to be a solicitor, I would give it a go.

Anyways for the first 40 minutes I had to do a test, was pretty much an attention to detail test so see if I could spot errors etc, I scored 80%, I'm not sure if that is good or bad, but the face to face interview lasted about 20-25 minutes, the guy was just asking things such as tell me about yourself, where do you see yourself in 5 years etc, surprisingly it was alot better then I thought, like the guy seemed very chill, in my eyes the interview went very well, however in the nicest way possible the guy basically said I am a really nice person with good Morals, but he said that he wasn't sure if I REALLY wanted the job, I was trying my best to look happy and smile etc, but he said that I don't seem to be giving much away, but I genuinely just think that was nerves, he did say that he could tell I have my head screwed on, the thing is with me, I am also a laid back person, which is something I did say, so although it may look like I don't care, it is because I do not stress, I am not sure if the interview side was short because the guy didn't think I was interested, which is wrong, or he just wanted a brief chat to see what I am like.

Then after that, the guy said that they are looking to hire somebody asap and when I get the chance, to send him an e-mail regarding how I feel the interview went, what I could bring to the company and when I could do a trial shift, does this seem positive? I have yet to send an e-mail, but I will do it later, should I be honest when it comes to the interview side and just say that I was abit nervous etc or would that be bad, I am genuinely interested in the job and do think I would do well, but with that being said, I'm happy I have now got some interview experience to help me in the future, I could always give it ago.
ThomH97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do you want the job, and if so, why? It seems positive, but the guy actually seems to be a really good interviewer and has both guessed your heart isn't really in it, but also given you the benefit of the doubt to explain when not under pressure to say what you think he wants to hear. You have a way out if you want it.
cbaforcba
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by ThomH97)
Do you want the job, and if so, why? It seems positive, but the guy actually seems to be a really good interviewer and has both guessed your heart isn't really in it, but also given you the benefit of the doubt to explain when not under pressure to say what you think he wants to hear. You have a way out if you want it.
Hi mate, I think I will just enail him saying that I appreciate the opportunity and I will be honest in saying how I think the interview went and whatever, but I think I have decided that the job isn't right for me, it's annoying because I really want to get out of Waitrose, but it's better I stick with Waitrose then leave and massively regret my decision.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (5)
9.09%
I need help researching courses (5)
9.09%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
5.45%
I need help with my personal statement (24)
43.64%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (13)
23.64%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
3.64%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
5.45%

Watched Threads