TimotheeLaurie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
As you can see,i want to get a 9 in eng lit and lang. Does anyone here do eduqas exam board?
AnaMari
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am doing the eduqas exam board. i myself need tips as well but one tip I could give is to include as many quotes as possible (that are relevant) in your answer. the examiners last year said that many people couldn't get higher than a 7 because they only used 3-4 quotes.
TimotheeLaurie
Rep:
?
(Original post by AnaMari)
I am doing the eduqas exam board. i myself need tips as well but one tip I could give is to include as many quotes as possible (that are relevant) in your answer. the examiners last year said that many people couldn't get higher than a 7 because they only used 3-4 quotes
Should i use 6 minimum in essays and poems as well?
AnaMari
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TimotheeLaurie)
Should i use 6 minimum in essays and poems as well?
yeah, around 6 would be good. for the english literature, i am doing an inspector calls so my teacher advised me to learn at least 6-7 quotes on each character and on each theme.
TimotheeLaurie
Rep:
?
yeah, around 6 would be good. for the english literature, i am doing an inspector calls so my teacher advised me to learn at least 6-7 quotes on each character and on each theme.
Me too! have you finished yours? cos i have only started mine. I feel like at this point, im gonna fail...
AnaMari
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Me too! have you finished yours? cos i have only started mine. I feel like at this point, im gonna fail...
I'm in the process of finishing mine. there's just too many. Trust me, i feel like i am going to fail too but try to be positive. even if the only quote you learn is "you're squiffy"
TimotheeLaurie
Rep:
?
AnaMari okay. For me, I’m planning to wake up 5am everyday to revise a lil of eng lit
AnaMari
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
AnaMari okay. For me, I’m planning to wake up 5am everyday to revise a lil of eng lit
That's what I'm doing. The first few days are probably the hardest. But i always remind myself that it will only be for 5 more months and then i can sleep for however many hours i want. and remember since you are waking up earlier, you must sleep earlier as well. I wish you good luck!
TimotheeLaurie
Rep:
?
That's what I'm doing. The first few days are probably the hardest. But i always remind myself that it will only be for 5 more months and then i can sleep for however many hours i want. and remember since you are waking up earlier, you must sleep earlier as well. I wish you good luck!
GOODLUCK TO BOTH OF US! Also, we should keep in touch
AnaMari
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
GOODLUCK TO BOTH OF US! Also, we should keep in touch
Sure, i may a be a little late at replying back coz i have my mocks at the moment, but i'll try my best
Ðeggs
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I got a 9 in English language and literature gcse my biggest advice is to know the structure of the different parts of each exam you do, and how long you should spend on each part.
robloxroblox1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Memorize quotes for each character, each theme as well. Also include structure and context (time it was written in ect and why it would have such an effect on the reader, not just what effect) never just write about quotes. For poems do the same and for language just past papers I think.
Gent2324
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5744962
AnaMari
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you sooo much. What you sent is a life saver
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (223)
43.39%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (58)
11.28%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.59%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (108)
21.01%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (58)
11.28%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (28)
5.45%

Watched Threads