AQA Literarture Coursework - Dorian Gray and Animal Farm comparison?

Watch
anon12901
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
hi everyone,
i'm in year 12 and we are now looking into options for our coursework. we need to write a comparative essay on two novels. going into this i was quite adamant on writing about orwell's animal farm for my post 1900 choice. we were given a list of pre 1900 novels to research, one of which being 'The picture of Dorian Gray' by Oscar Wilde. does anybody have any experience on writing about either of these novels at A level? i was thinking about doing a question on corruption brought about by power. any other ideas on what to compare either novel to?

thank you in advance
Last edited by anon12901; 9 months ago
naeology
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hey I’m in year 13 and just finished my coursework in December. I compared ‘The Picture of Dorian Gray’ and ‘A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man’ by James Joyce. my argument was on the extent to which the pursuit of art leads to moral decay. A lot of people from my class picked ‘The Strange Case of Doctor Jekyll and Mr Hyde’, ‘Frankenstein’ and ‘Fight Club’. Themes that came up a lot were ‘morality, the divided self, corruption, social expectations, identity’.

Feel free to ask me anything
Last edited by naeology; 9 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.52%
I'm not sure (56)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (355)
29.29%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (590)
48.68%

Watched Threads