The Student Room Group

i have sleeping problems lately help please

im 22 and i have anxiety disorder , but im doing my best to fix it , 3 days ago i got insomnia randomly and couldnt sleep until 5 am which is awkward cuz i never had it before , and when i slept i slept like every 2 hours woke up and again for 6 hours in total , and now even if im tired have a headache cause of the lack of sleeping i have a hard time taking naps cuz i cant sleep normaly , i need to try so hard to do it , normaly i used to lay in bed and when im feeling sleepy i just close my eyes for 10 minutes and i fall asleep and wake up refreshed the next morning , and the weird part is , before this happened i woke up after my 8 hours sleeping , and could still sleep a lot , which i never had before i slept for like 10 hours to 11 for two days and suddenly this problem happened that i can't do it normaly like i used to , any suggestions please , its anoying , i feel all day tired and fatigued.
I have the exact same thing but not sure how to help it sorry xx
Reply 2
Original post by kai130305
I have the exact same thing but not sure how to help it sorry xx

since when u had this tho ? , i mean u never checked a doc , he didnt say a thing ?
Reply 3
meditating could be good. as well as practicing good sleep hygiene. if this doesn't work, you can go to a supermarket and buy some sleeping pills to help.
Original post by Anonymous
since when u had this tho ? , i mean u never checked a doc , he didnt say a thing ?

I had it awhile back then I was ok sleeping for quite some time but recently I will go to sleep and every hour or so I'll wake up for majority of the night but I have parents that if I say I need to go the doctor they will either say im fine or say they'll make the appointment and never will even if I ask repeatedly or the blame it on my phone or something
Reply 5
Hmm... a harsh but simple solution. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WccfbPQNMbg
Original post by Vinny C
Hmm... a harsh but simple solution. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WccfbPQNMbg

????????? lol didn't make me sleep tho
Reply 7
????????? lol didn't make me sleep tho

Not actually done it yet then... have you? Seen the backdrop/?
Original post by Vinny C
Not actually done it yet then... have you? Seen the backdrop/?

Andrew W.K
The first thing I would say you should do is try and figure out what you use your bed for, and I mean it. Do you only sleep/if you're old enough and active have sex there? Or do you lay on your phone, read, use your laptop, watch TV, and do tonnes of other things on your bed?
I have anxiety and ADHD, which meand that I too can have huge issues sleeping. I tend to find that after a few days of bringing other activites onto my bed I sleep worse. You might find you sleep easier if you make it so your bed is a sleep only zone, yes meaning no laying on it when you get in or sitting on it thinking yourself into a panic attack! Making these zones can rewire your brain so in bed means sleep.
I would also wonder if its your anxiety keeping you up, even if you're not necessarily thinking? Anxiety can be background noise, so it might be that your brains desperately trying to figure something out but just hasn't included you in the discussion yet. Try keeping an anxiety journal: like a worry journal but you put down your worry and a solution after. From then on you say '' I don't need to worry about it, I already solved it" and move on.
Also make sure you're drinking enough water before bed, you're not doing things like exercising before bed, and you're not thinking about falling alseep.
If you lay down with your eyes closed thinking 'fall asleep fall asleep' it'll never happen! Try encorporating white noise like rain noises, and just let your mind wander when you're trying to get to sleep. You may need to refocus it if you're starting to have anxiety flair ups, but otherwise just let it go.
Also, if you're speaking to a mental health professional, bring up your sleeping issues.
Wishing you the best!
Andrew W.K

No... Andrew WK with a bloody nose. It's a statement about the price of living life...

Quick Reply

Latest