The Student Room Group

Winter Love Island 2020

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by StrawberryDreams
It's strange isn't it? There does seem to be less hype as 8472 said - not as excited as I thought I would be. Maybe there was more build up in the summer?

My old IT teacher spoke of something called the law of diminishing tongues:

eg: He described it as you drink a coke, the first one taste's really really good. The second one taste's fine but not as good as the first. The third coke starts to taste a bit meh and you start to wish you never opened it. The forth one you are getting sick of it, and it's actually a chore to finish it.

It's the same thing that's going on with Love Island. We're literally being bombarded with them now ..so the experience becomes less fulfilling. We Had love Island in the summer last year, then about 3/4 months later Love Island Australia screened on ITVbe, ...now a few months Later again another series of Love Island back on ITV.

To me, Love Island 2017 was the best one [my first Love Island]
co-incidence?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by ANM775

eg: He described it as you drink a coke, the first one taste's really really good. The second one taste's fine but not as good as the first. The third coke starts to taste a bit meh and you start to wish you never opened it. The forth one you are getting sick of it, and it's actually a chore to finish it.

It's the same thing that's going on with Love Island. We're literally being bombarded with them now. Had love Island in the summer last year, then about 3/4 months later Love Island Australia screened on ITVbe, ...now a few months Later again another series of Love Island back on ITV.

To me, Love Island 2017 was the best one [my first Love Island]
co-incidence?

this is so true, my first one was my favourite also. I think it wouldn't be AS bad if they changed the format a bit, maybe made the winter series 3 weeks and the episodes shorter (because realistically half the episodes are just catch up anyway)
Original post by 8472
Do you think not as good selection? Or justy wrong time of year and too much work to do? :lol:

Certainly seems to be a lot less hype around.

Last years love Island was really good!! Honestly not sure. I might watch tonights episode.

I just don't like Ollie . The producers need to get him removed from the show
Reply 23
Original post by ساره
Last years love Island was really good!! Honestly not sure. I might watch tonights episode.

I just don't like Ollie . The producers need to get him removed from the show

The moment the advertisements were on youtube and he was like "my ex found out i cheated on her" - YEAH NO :rofl:
Original post by 8472
The moment the advertisements were on youtube and he was like "my ex found out i cheated on her" - YEAH NO :rofl:

Yeah I’m not even surprised 😭 but it’s mostly because of the animal trophy hunting pictures circulating on Twitter. People are still boycotting the show
Reply 25
Original post by ساره
Yeah I’m not even surprised 😭 but it’s mostly because of the animal trophy hunting pictures circulating on Twitter. People are still boycotting the show

I have so many love island related words muted on twitter :rofl:
The twins...I don't like them too much but it would be funny if they liked the same guy and like, beat each other up and started beef. Imagine lmao
I like the villa this year, it's SO nice! Who's your favourite?

I really liked mike in the first episode but then he seemed too happy about being chosen by one of the twins so idk

I forgot her name (shaughna maybe?) seems really funny. I love her reactions lol
Original post by Lauren24109
I really liked mike in the first episode but then he seemed too happy about being chosen by one of the twins so idk

I forgot her name (shaughna maybe?) seems really funny. I love her reactions lol

Shaughna seems really nice and definitely funny :lol:

She could be one to watch!

Thinking about it, I'm really not keen on the twins :nope:
I'm rooting for Mike and Nas this year!

Really want Nas to couple up with someone who likes him back.
Reply 30
Original post by Black Cat

Nasss! He's such a sweetheart hope he finds someone : (
Reply 31
Just quoting in everyone who posted in the Love Island 2019 thread, just in case you're watching and interested :biggrin:

What do you think of the series so far? Who are your favourites?

(Apologies in advance if you were using that thread to talk about how much you don't like the show! Please forgive me :puppyeyes: :lol: )

Spoiler

im loving the personalities like nas shaugna theyre all rlly entertaining. happy ollie's left- a cheat, a trophy-hunter and dabs in the middle of conversations. jess and eve lowkey annoying but theyre good for drama.

Yesss same for NAS!! Hopefully he wins the show

He’s close friends with one of my fav YouTubers (murad merali)
Reply 33

Also firmly agreed! :biggrin:

Spoiler

(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by Yasmin1224

Spoiler

put spoilers in spoiler tag next time and mark them please. itv has not screened that yet!
What has Love Island done for anyone?
Reply 37
Original post by ANM775
put spoilers in spoiler tag next time and mark them please. itv has not screened that yet!

Wow. you did it so fast that TSR actually changed the post i quoted you which was not in a spoiler to include your updated post that changed a spoiler?

never seen that before!?

my post looks daft now :colonhash:
Original post by ANM775

It's "diminishing returns" not tongues
Reply 39
Original post by harrysbar
It's "diminishing returns" not tongues

Well... my tutor called it tongues 😁😉

Quick Reply

Latest