Cheap football tickets

Watch this thread
Maris499
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have been longing to go to a football match my entire life! But never been.

I would like to go to Man United vs Tottenham match in March. When searching for tickets they are so expensive! Surely there must be a way to find them super cheap? I never knew tickets were around £200-500 😖 anyone knows the best places to buy tickets and how everything works..thank you!
Zed03
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
You can wait for competitions such as community shield tickets and carabao cup finals they are usually cheap. Last year I got to watch Man City Vs Liverpool for only £20 a ticket in the community shield at Wembley. Carabao cup tickets are around £20 - £60 Same with FA cup. Premier League tickets are around £60-150 and champions League can be from £30 - £2000 (depends what matches you go to) if you went to man Utd Vs a lesser team the tickets tend to be cheaper
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Maris499)

I would like to go to Man United vs Tottenham match in March. When searching for tickets they are so expensive! Surely there must be a way to find them super cheap? I never knew tickets were around £200-500 😖 anyone knows the best places to buy tickets and how everything works..thank you!
That is really the pure extortionate and the cherry on the cake! but that is the usual thing today when it is about a prestige or top match in Premier League and all the more in Champions League, unfortunately! look for matches they are not so important to get cheaper prices, there were some competitions named above. Otherwise try to reserve tickets in advance months before the kick off.
Last edited by Kallisto; 2 years ago
kkliver
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I'm an international student so I'm unsure how the process works but I am wanting to get tickets to a liverpool game for when my boyfriend is in town. Obviously I don't think I can reserve them anymore and I'm assuming I would have to get them from a third party. Can you suggest any websites? Is it safe to purchase them from craigslist? How do you if it is legit or not?
Maris499
Rep:
(Original post by Kallisto)
That is really the pure extortionate and the cherry on the cake! but that is the usual thing today when it is about a prestige or top match in Premier League and all the more in Champions League, unfortunately! look for matches they are not so important to get cheaper prices, there were some competitions named above. Otherwise try to reserve tickets in advance months before the kick off.
Ah thank you! Will booking months in advance mean cheaper tickets or just being able to get a ticket?
Also where would I buy a ticket from? On Man United web it goes on about membership and so on which I am really confused about 🥴 will this cost extra ?

What are the best websites to get tickets from? Thank you
IanDangerously
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 years ago

Tickets for United’s away games in the league are priced at £30 if bought from the club but only people who’ve held a full season ticket for more than 3 consecutive years are eligible to apply for them.

Most home teams will require a one season membership to purchase match tickets and even then for big games members can end up having to apply in a ballot with no guarantee of getting a ticket. The only way to guarantee a ticket is to buy one from a season ticket holder or exec club member usually for several times the original value.

Failing that go and see Tottenham in a midweek game against lower opponents, or United at Old Trafford in the Europa league ... there’ll be plenty of cheap tickets going around
username402722
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Perhaps consider going to a football match outside of the Premier League?
username402722
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Perhaps consider going to a football match outside of the Premier League? Assuming you live somewhere near Manchester, there's Salford City, Oldham, Bolton and Rochdale, for example.
Maris499
Rep:
(Original post by barnetlad)
Perhaps consider going to a football match outside of the Premier League? Assuming you live somewhere near Manchester, there's Salford City, Oldham, Bolton and Rochdale, for example.
I live in London! Searching for away game is so expensive!
username402722
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I live in London! Searching for away game is so expensive!
So have you got family in Manchester?
Maris499
Rep:
(Original post by barnetlad)
So have you got family in Manchester?
Nope not any
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (63)
27.51%
As I expected (71)
31%
Harder (87)
37.99%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.49%

Watched Threads