Jonathanツ
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I know what an unjust law is, I just want 1 example of unjust law in the Uk and a reason why it should be broke. (Ps this is for an application)
Vinny C
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Shooting a Welshman in Chester after nightfall...
IpsaLoquitur
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The one that always ticked me off is that you can commit our equivalent of statutory rape against a minor even if you are a minor - and even if you are younger that the person you are 'raping'. It is also always the boy who is charged, even though the girl is equally committing statutory sexual assault.
username3689312
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There is lots, two of mine would be;

Woman are not rapists, they can't legally rape someone because of the wording.

Fault divorce - As it stands, to get a divorce you need to evident one of the five facts; adultery, behaviour, desertion, two years' separation (if the other spouse consents to the divorce), or five years' separation (if the other spouse disagrees).
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
R v Brown is a classic but maybe too controversial? what area of law you want to work in?

i'd say choose a law you wish to change in that specific area, as choosing any law whatsoever might read a bit weird if it's not relevant to you or your application. being in mind also that your argument for why it is unjust is everything. interested to hear what your application is for.
username2998742
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Pirating/downloading
periodt
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Some may find the law around Euthanasia unjust as they want to legalise it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (107)
50.95%
No (103)
49.05%

Watched Threads