The Student Room Group

Student finance further evidence from mother

Hello. So yesterday I received an e-mail from student finance where they asked for further evidence from my mother regarding her marital status. Since my mom did not provide an e-mail address, she will have to wait for the correspondence to arrive by post. The problem is, this will likely take a while (she does not live in the uk) and she will go on a trip soon. So it might take even two weeks until she gets to read the letter from student finance and then prepare the evidence and send it to them.I am just worried about not sending the evidence to them immediately. Does it affect an application if it takes longer to send some evidence that they asked for? Will I still get the loan for this year? (I am not concerned about when I receive it as long as it's within this academic year)Any help would be appreciated.
Reply 1
Can you not prompt your mum to provide the details they need soon? Think the info they need is all given online and should've been detailed in their email to you.

Had to call SLC to sort out my part in son's loan and my account was set up during that call (it was a long call and you'll need to be present to, to give your consent/details!). In terms of marital status, a single adult council tax bill was enough for me.
Original post by alexandra.mitu
Hello. So yesterday I received an e-mail from student finance where they asked for further evidence from my mother regarding her marital status. Since my mom did not provide an e-mail address, she will have to wait for the correspondence to arrive by post. The problem is, this will likely take a while (she does not live in the uk) and she will go on a trip soon. So it might take even two weeks until she gets to read the letter from student finance and then prepare the evidence and send it to them.I am just worried about not sending the evidence to them immediately. Does it affect an application if it takes longer to send some evidence that they asked for? Will I still get the loan for this year? (I am not concerned about when I receive it as long as it's within this academic year)Any help would be appreciated.

If its marital evidence, what is likely to happen is you will get the basic amount, once the marital evidence is sent in and processed you would get reassessed and i imagine any money owed would be backdated if you had already been paid.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending