gemmasalt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi,

I graduated from an undergraduate degree in 2012, for which I received tuition fee and maintenance loans.

I am now looking to retrain, and am looking at Sport and Exercise Science, most likely at UCLan. The course code is C600.

I have read that it is possible to receive further finance for studying certain STEM subjects, providing that it is part time.

Is anyone able to tell me whether I would be eligible for this?

Thank you
Claire SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by gemmasalt)
Hi,

I graduated from an undergraduate degree in 2012, for which I received tuition fee and maintenance loans.

I am now looking to retrain, and am looking at Sport and Exercise Science, most likely at UCLan. The course code is C600.

I have read that it is possible to receive further finance for studying certain STEM subjects, providing that it is part time.

Is anyone able to tell me whether I would be eligible for this?

Thank you
Hi Gemma,

C600 is the full time course. The part time course Sport and Exercise Science for 3 years Part time isn't on the system for 20/21 yet but currently is showing as an exception course for 19/20 academic year. This means if it's same for 20/21 you would be eligible for finance as long as it's a part time honours degree, joint honours degree or integrated masters degree in order to be classed as an exception.

Thank,
Claire
gemmasalt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Claire SFE)
Hi Gemma,

C600 is the full time course. The part time course Sport and Exercise Science for 3 years Part time isn't on the system for 20/21 yet but currently is showing as an exception course for 19/20 academic year. This means if it's same for 20/21 you would be eligible for finance as long as it's a part time honours degree, joint honours degree or integrated masters degree in order to be classed as an exception.

Thank,
Claire
Hi Claire,

Thanks for your reply.

Just to clarify, does this mean that potentially a full-time integrated masters may be eligible for funding? I'd looked at C612 at Edge Hill, but hadn't realised that this would be something that I would be able to get funding for.

Thank you,

Gemma.
SFE Ashley
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by gemmasalt)
Hi Claire,

Thanks for your reply.

Just to clarify, does this mean that potentially a full-time integrated masters may be eligible for funding? I'd looked at C612 at Edge Hill, but hadn't realised that this would be something that I would be able to get funding for.

Thank you,

Gemma.
Hi Gemma,

If you were to undertake a full time, integrated masters course, we would need to take your previous study in to account when determining your entitlement for funding.

How many years of study in higher education have you already done? And, what is the length of the integrated masters course?

Thanks, Ashley.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (112)
28.5%
1 (62)
15.78%
2 (59)
15.01%
3 (62)
15.78%
4 (29)
7.38%
5 (26)
6.62%
6 (12)
3.05%
7+ (31)
7.89%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise