The Student Room Group

Can I get into the course I want without meeting all the requirements?

Vague title, apologies. I’ve got a plan in my head now of where I want to go to uni and which course I want to take but on the website I miss out on one of the entry requirements. The course is maths and music at the uni of Leeds (if any uni of Leeds ppl on here could help out?) The thing is, I didn’t take music a level but I’ve realised it’s one thing I’m actually passionate about, and combined with maths it just looks like the course for me. But it says you can still meet the requirements if you’ve got grade 8 in practical and grade 5 in theory. I haven’t got grade 5 in theory however. But, the reason I’m posting the question is I’m doing music in epq so could that serve as a potential replacement for a requirement? I’d be curious to know what people think about this.
Ok to be honest, it does sound kinda plausible for you to do the EPQ instead but really, l’d say just do the grade 5 theory test because you only need three months to study for it. Also, if you already have grade 8 in an instrument then there wouldn’t really be much of a problem. Still, it’d be good just to contact Leeds and ask just in case. I mean you never know.
Original post by theprettyrainbow
Ok to be honest, it does sound kinda plausible for you to do the EPQ instead but really, l’d say just do the grade 5 theory test because you only need three months to study for it. Also, if you already have grade 8 in an instrument then there wouldn’t really be much of a problem. Still, it’d be good just to contact Leeds and ask just in case. I mean you never know.

Yeah I’m considering doing the theory test in the summer, but I genuinely think I’m gonna struggle with balancing it with everything else. Thanks for the reply, and you’re right, I should definitely contact leeds at some point.
Original post by XKangaotiCX
Yeah I’m considering doing the theory test in the summer, but I genuinely think I’m gonna struggle with balancing it with everything else. Thanks for the reply, and you’re right, I should definitely contact leeds at some point.

Not at some point, but as soon as possible. Then you will know for certain what you need to do.
Original post by XKangaotiCX
Vague title, apologies. I’ve got a plan in my head now of where I want to go to uni and which course I want to take but on the website I miss out on one of the entry requirements. The course is maths and music at the uni of Leeds (if any uni of Leeds ppl on here could help out?) The thing is, I didn’t take music a level but I’ve realised it’s one thing I’m actually passionate about, and combined with maths it just looks like the course for me. But it says you can still meet the requirements if you’ve got grade 8 in practical and grade 5 in theory. I haven’t got grade 5 in theory however. But, the reason I’m posting the question is I’m doing music in epq so could that serve as a potential replacement for a requirement? I’d be curious to know what people think about this.

Just speak to the Uni and see what they think. They can tell you wehtehr it is feasible or not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending