The Student Room Group

Too late??

Can I still achieve 8s and 9s in my gcse was even if I haven’t finished up notes? Which I plan to do by the end of February.
Bruh just grind out past papers, rewriting fancy notes is a waste of time. Study mark schemes as well and understand where to get marks for types of questions.
How is it late... At university we study for exams a week before...and i go to a RG. 😂 😂
I started revision in February and got straight 9s and 8s. GCSEs are a matter of memorizing textbooks, I didnt do notes for anything other than English and RE
@Schoolquestions really? How did you get those grades? Also, were you doing past papers in February or revision of all subjects especially eng lit?
Original post by TimotheeLaurie
@Schoolquestions really? How did you get those grades? Also, were you doing past papers in February or revision of all subjects especially eng lit?

so for english lit my school did Macbeth and an inspector calls. I did character profiles for all of them including quotes and then did quotes for all characters for every theme they could ask for. I did that for both macbeth and an inspector calls.
For maths, just do past papers and then topic questions on your especially weak areas. that's all you can do for math revision since notes are the biggest waste of time. use youtube videos for bits you're completely confused about
for RE I did the same thing for english.
for bio and chem I just memorized (quite literally) the textbook and did a few practice papers nearer to the deadline to get a gist for the type of answers/phrasing they're looking for
basically in summary
essay subjects = writing and remembering key quotes
humanities & social sciences= remembering key dates, case studies and remembering structures
Sciences and maths = pure memorisation of textbooks and practice papers

also, if you really want a good english grade, do essay questions at home and ask your teacher to mark and criticise them so you can see where you're going wrong.

hope that helps
Guys i really need to get all A's in olevels. What should i do?
@Schoolquestions did you complete all of this in one/two month before April?
@Schoolquestions did you complete all of this in one/two month before April?

yh I'm pretty sure. but I'd go over them whenever I felt so it was fresh in my mind and as I was reading I'd find new quotes or techniques to analyse. also I used to revise a level terminology and techniques and use them in my essays which made them stand out and made my analysis seem more detailed (hence why I got the 9).

another fun fact: genius lyrics has some decent analysis of poems which can act as a basis for your essays
Do any of you have any chem notes for olevels. I need it asap
@Schoolquestions I see. Do you still have your resources of eng lit? Also can you perhaps send me those terminology as well?
@Schoolquestions I see. Do you still have your resources of eng lit? Also can you perhaps send me those terminology as well?

sorry I threw them away the second exams ended. they were super messy only I could ever understand them anyway lol. just look online and you can find loads of stuff and high level terminology.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending