Long Term Relationship

Watch
keyboard3
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am very happy with my current boyfriend, I think we have a pretty strong relationship. I would like to carry the relationship long term (i.e. through university) if possible, but of course I cannot predict the future nor can I force him to stay with me if he no longer wants to.

Is there anyways that I can deal with the anxiety of the future possibility of breaking up? If we don't break up by the time we reach university (2020 entry), how can I deal with long distance? Is there any advice that someone can give me?

Thanks!
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
Damn, similar situation that I am in now (also 2020 entry), except we're not dating and have only started getting closer now 😭. We're going to different countries in different continents for uni so I guess there's no hope for me :")

Sorry I'm can't be of any help to you OP. Hope someone else can though. All the best xx
keyboard3
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
who knows? So long as you stay in touch, never say never!
Haider.alix
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by keyboard3)
I am very happy with my current boyfriend, I think we have a pretty strong relationship. I would like to carry the relationship long term (i.e. through university) if possible, but of course I cannot predict the future nor can I force him to stay with me if he no longer wants to.

Is there anyways that I can deal with the anxiety of the future possibility of breaking up? If we don't break up by the time we reach university (2020 entry), how can I deal with long distance? Is there any advice that someone can give me?

Thanks!
well your case seems pretty tough , but you never know whats destined , i guess you guys can stay in touch during the uni period and if his love and honest ,ya both will surely meet again
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by keyboard3)

Thanks!
Why don't you have a talk with your boyfriend about how you both feel?

I went to school with a couple that had been together for 4+ years, but neither of them had talked about where they saw the relationship going. The girl wanted to remain together and go long distance during university. A week before the final term ended, the guy suddenly broke up with her, stating that he didn't want to be in a LDR and thought uni could be a fresh start.

That's an example of why it's so important to communicate early on, before rushed decisions are made.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (65)
21.96%
Excited but a bit nervous (134)
45.27%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.16%
I'm really nervous (61)
20.61%

Watched Threads