The Student Room Group

Girl 2 is plan B right?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Drewski
No, same thread.

Have you really never heard the phrase "opposites attract"?

And maybe because of your obsession your being grossly unfair and myopic and actually they have plenty in common.

Opposites attract didnt work in our case though.
So?

Are you being deliberately stupid?
Original post by Drewski
So?

Similar mindsets work in this case? Hers is different
Original post by Drewski
So?

What happened
You sound boring and up yourself.
Original post by Anonymous
You sound boring and up yourself.

No I dont. Pls say why
I got bored of trying to talk to you like you're rational human.
Original post by Drewski
I got bored of trying to talk to you like you're rational human.

I'm rational
You’re up yourself because you’re so full of your own self importance. You have delusions of grandeur. You go on about how important you are within your university, and all the politics you’re involved with. Makes you sound boring.
You’re up yourself because you’re so full of your own self importance. You have delusions of grandeur. You go on about how important you are within your university, and all the politics you’re involved with. Makes you sound boring.

But girl 2 is inferior
It’s your attitude which makes you inferior. You have no substance and are full of your own self importance. Girl 2 sounds much more of a laugh than you do.
1) Fixing issues by talking is healthy... Like how else are you meant to solve problems without communicating
2) Can tell by his face if he's angry. Again normal, it's this funny thing called body language
3) I'd rather be with someone who I actually had a connection with rather than someone trying to service me, ngl I'd say seduction was creepier but maybe that's just me
4) who cares if she's important to you, you aren't the one dating her
5) politics and being in the SU is hardly a huge status symbol, nor being political doesn't make you trash
6) personal preference, you have your style, she has hers, different people will like different things
7) again, it doesn't matter what you think, if he's the one dating her and he thinks she's beautiful then that's what's important

Now please stop making these threads! It can't be good for you to be so obsessive and all that happens is it goes round in circles and you won't listen to people anyway
Pls tell why he cant her back to me but be back to her?

Because he was upset when he couldn't have her as his girlfriend first time round.

He wasn't particularly upset when he broke up with you.

It doesn't matter what you think she deserves. She's got him and that's that!
There is an element of sour grapes in you saying that she doesn't deserve him.

I can usually tell what someone is thinking and feeling when they talk to me face to face. It's called empathy. I think it's a good skill to have. Listening to someone, paying full attention to them and relating to what's going on inside them.
You ex boyfriend also appears to think that this is a good skill to have and may be part of his attraction to Girl B.
It is out of order for you to make the comment "Creepy much?" about this. It's not creepy. It's being an observant, understanding, extroverted human being.

So what if before she couldn't (or didn't?) seduce him or flirt with him? They're having sex now.

She's not very smart? Well she can't be totally dumb or she wouldn't have gotten into (and stayed in) university.
It's incredibly snobbish for you to call her a nobody because she has little interest in politics nor in some Student Union role.
I'd say that's a wise decision on her part. Get on with her degree and her social life and then her job and career ASAP instead of taking a year out as Ents Officer, or Finance Officer or some other minimally paid role.

You don't think she looks sexy or beautiful. But you're a woman!
I've come across quite a few women, including my current girlfriend whose opnion on what makes a woman beautiful to a man differs quite a bit from most men's opinion.

It's very shallow for you to go on about your low cut tops. It would be quite typical of your boyfriend to want a girlfriend that's a saint outside the bedroom and a naughtily sexy woman inside it. Girl B appears to fit the bill in this respect.

Here's a big tip for you:

Love is not a competition for one man. Just because another woman has the man that you used to have, doesn't mean to say that you've lost. It doesn't mean to say that you should try to win him back - like your life is some kind of corny Hollywood movie plot.
No. All it means is that you should go out and get a new boyfriend.

And treat your failures as a learning experience.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
Because he was upset when he couldn't have her as his girlfriend first time round.

I can usually tell what someone is thinking and feeling when they talk to me face to face. It's called empathy. I think it's a good skill to have. Listening to someone, paying full attention to them and relating to what's going on inside them.
You ex boyfriend also appears to think that this is a good skill to have and may be part of his attraction to Girl B.
It is out of order for you to make the comment "Creepy much?" about this. It's not creepy. It's being an observant, understanding, extroverted human being.

So what if before she couldn't (or didn't?) seduce him or flirt with him? They're having sex now.

She's not very smart? Well she can't be totally dumb or she wouldn't have gotten into (and stayed in) university.
It's incredibly snobbish for you to call her a nobody because she has little interest in politics nor in some Student Union role.
I'd say that's a wise decision on her part. Get on with her degree and her social life and then her job and career ASAP instead of taking a year out as Ents Officer, or Finance Officer or some other minimally paid role.

I've come across quite a few women, including my current girlfriend whose opnion on what makes a woman beautiful to a man differs quite a bit from most men's opinion.

It's very shallow for you to go on about your low cut tops. It would be quite typical of your boyfriend to want a girlfriend that's a saint outside the bedroom and a naughtily sexy woman inside it. Girl B appears to fit the bill in this respect.

Love is not a competition for one man. Just because another woman has the man that you used to have, doesn't mean to say that you've lost. It doesn't mean to say that you should try to win him back - like your life is some kind of corny Hollywood movie plot.

Yes he was upset. Like I know he was very angry, spiteful and hateful towards her. But that doesnt mean he liked her right?

You think academic officers, student reps or sabbatical officers are worthless?
I’d say girl 1 was plan B since he broke up with her and then went after girl 2. Then when girl 2 slipped away from him he went back to girl 1 because she was still available.

If girl 2 was plan b then he wouldn’t have bothered pinning after her for a year and instead would have worked more on getting with girl 1 again
Original post by aphamanda
I’d say girl 1 was plan B since he broke up with her and then went after girl 2. Then when girl 2 slipped away from him he went back to girl 1 because she was still available.

If girl 2 was plan b then he wouldn’t have bothered pinning after her for a year and instead would have worked more on getting with girl 1 again

He was never with girl 1. He only got with girl 1 after he failed with girl 2. Then he dated me aka girl 1 for a year before we broke up.

And he had seen girl 2 was around and decided to go back to her.

I'm not exposing my boobs. I just like to show the cleavage a little bit. That's it.

But shes not an extrovert. Shes just a dull person with little friends and no where as popular as us or our group.
Shes not like him at the very least. I am.
Yes he was upset. Like I know he was very angry, spiteful and hateful towards her. But that doesnt mean he liked her right?

You think academic officers, student reps or sabbatical officers are worthless?

He was upset because he got rejected by a woman that he very much wanted to be his girlfriend.
"Hell hath no fury like a woman (or man in this case) scorned". - William Congreve.

And he certainly like her enough now. Because they are lovers now.

I think that being a sabbatical officer is fine for anyone wanting to prolong their time at uni for a year.
For everyone else it makes more sense to leave uni with their degree ASAP and move onto the next stage of their life ASAP - getting a job, starting their career, starting a business, travelling the world etc etc etc.

I think it's out of order for you to call her a nobody for a perfectly logical decision on her part.
The vast majority of students don't take up roles within the student's union. Are they all nobodies because of this? Of course not.
Are sabbatical officers worthless? No.
Its all about horses for courses. Each person making the decisions that are best for them.

I was calling Girl 2 an extrovert in the original Carl Jung meaning of the term:
Extraversion (also spelled as extroversion[5]) is the state of primarily obtaining gratification from outside oneself.

Introversion is the state of being predominantly interested in one's own mental self.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extraversion_and_introversion

Extroversion as in; focusing on other people and not on oneself.
Her being able to read the thoughts and feelings of others as she talks with them is a HUGE sign that she is extroverted because she's focused on other people and not on herself when doing so.

It's a hugely subjective statement of you to say that she is a dull person.
Even if she is, that could be exactly what your ex boyfriend is looking for. Someone stable to settle down with.

Your statement that you are more like your ex boyfriend than Girl 2 appears to be based on the entirely shallow basis of political views and friendship groups. I bet that if we were to look below the surface at the important factors in 2 people being happy together long term, we'd find that she is more compatible with him than you are.

All of this should be a hugely positive learning experience for you, that will set you up nicely for your next boyfriend - if you think calmly and logically about the whole situation.
Take the positives from all this and move on!
He was upset because he got rejected by a woman that he very much wanted to be his girlfriend.
"Hell hath no fury like a woman (or man in this case) scorned". - William Congreve.

And he certainly like her enough now. Because they are lovers now.

I think that being a sabbatical officer is fine for anyone wanting to prolong their time at uni for a year.
For everyone else it makes more sense to leave uni with their degree ASAP and move onto the next stage of their life ASAP - getting a job, starting their career, starting a business, travelling the world etc etc etc.

I think it's out of order for you to call her a nobody for a perfectly logical decision on her part.
The vast majority of students don't take up roles within the student's union. Are they all nobodies because of this? Of course not.
Are sabbatical officers worthless? No.
Its all about horses for courses. Each person making the decisions that are best for them.

I was calling Girl 2 an extrovert in the original Carl Jung meaning of the term:
Extraversion (also spelled as extroversion[5]) is the state of primarily obtaining gratification from outside oneself.

Introversion is the state of being predominantly interested in one's own mental self.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extraversion_and_introversion

Extroversion as in; focusing on other people and not on oneself.
Her being able to read the thoughts and feelings of others as she talks with them is a HUGE sign that she is extroverted because she's focused on other people and not on herself when doing so.

It's a hugely subjective statement of you to say that she is a dull person.
Even if she is, that could be exactly what your ex boyfriend is looking for. Someone stable to settle down with.

Your statement that you are more like your ex boyfriend than Girl 2 appears to be based on the entirely shallow basis of political views and friendship groups. I bet that if we were to look below the surface at the important factors in 2 people being happy together long term, we'd find that she is more compatible with him than you are.

All of this should be a hugely positive learning experience for you, that will set you up nicely for your next boyfriend - if you think calmly and logically about the whole situation.
Take the positives from all this and move on!

But this shallow views of political ideologies and friendship group plus his trip to Nice got us together. So hows it shallow?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending