Girl 2 is plan B right? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Dunnig Kruger)
He was upset because he got rejected by a woman that he very much wanted to be his girlfriend.
"Hell hath no fury like a woman (or man in this case) scorned". - William Congreve.

And he certainly like her enough now. Because they are lovers now.

I think that being a sabbatical officer is fine for anyone wanting to prolong their time at uni for a year.
For everyone else it makes more sense to leave uni with their degree ASAP and move onto the next stage of their life ASAP - getting a job, starting their career, starting a business, travelling the world etc etc etc.

I think it's out of order for you to call her a nobody for a perfectly logical decision on her part.
The vast majority of students don't take up roles within the student's union. Are they all nobodies because of this? Of course not.
Are sabbatical officers worthless? No.
Its all about horses for courses. Each person making the decisions that are best for them.

I was calling Girl 2 an extrovert in the original Carl Jung meaning of the term:
Extraversion (also spelled as extroversion[5]) is the state of primarily obtaining gratification from outside oneself.

Introversion is the state of being predominantly interested in one's own mental self.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extrav...d_introversion

Extroversion as in; focusing on other people and not on oneself.
Her being able to read the thoughts and feelings of others as she talks with them is a HUGE sign that she is extroverted because she's focused on other people and not on herself when doing so.

It's a hugely subjective statement of you to say that she is a dull person.
Even if she is, that could be exactly what your ex boyfriend is looking for. Someone stable to settle down with.

Your statement that you are more like your ex boyfriend than Girl 2 appears to be based on the entirely shallow basis of political views and friendship groups. I bet that if we were to look below the surface at the important factors in 2 people being happy together long term, we'd find that she is more compatible with him than you are.

All of this should be a hugely positive learning experience for you, that will set you up nicely for your next boyfriend - if you think calmly and logically about the whole situation.
Take the positives from all this and move on!
But this shallow views of political ideologies and friendship group plus his trip to Nice got us together. So hows it shallow?
Anonymous #1
He was upset because he got rejected by a woman that he very much wanted to be his girlfriend.
"Hell hath no fury like a woman (or man in this case) scorned". - William Congreve.

I think that being a sabbatical officer is fine for anyone wanting to prolong their time at uni for a year.
For everyone else it makes more sense to leave uni with their degree ASAP and move onto the next stage of their life ASAP - getting a job, starting their career, starting a business, travelling the world etc etc etc.

I think it's out of order for you to call her a nobody for a perfectly logical decision on her part.
The vast majority of students don't take up roles within the student's union. Are they all nobodies because of this? Of course not.
Its all about horses for courses. Each person making the decisions that are best for them.

I was calling Girl 2 an extrovert in the original Carl Jung meaning of the term:
Extraversion (also spelled as extroversion[5]) is the state of primarily obtaining gratification from outside oneself.

Introversion is the state of being predominantly interested in one's own mental self.

Her being able to read the thoughts and feelings of others as she talks with them is a HUGE sign that she is extroverted because she's focused on other people and not on herself when doing so.

Even if she is, that could be exactly what your ex boyfriend is looking for. Someone stable to settle down with.

Your statement that you are more like your ex boyfriend than Girl 2 appears to be based on the entirely shallow basis of political views and friendship groups. I bet that if we were to look below the surface at the important factors in 2 people being happy together long term, we'd find that she is more compatible with him than you are.

All of this should be a hugely positive learning experience for you, that will set you up nicely for your next boyfriend - if you think calmly and logically about the whole situation.
And as far as I know, she didnt reject him. As per as story goes, she tried to reason out but he decided to put blame on her.
Anonymous #1

And she was being creepy because she wasnt even talking to him but just by looking at his face and eyes (god knows what this eye contact is between them) that he was upset
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
But this shallow views of political ideologies and friendship group plus his trip to Nice got us together. So hows it shallow?
Young adults often get together for shallow reasons. Which then aren't enough to bind them together long term - because of important under the surface incompatabilities.
You and him are just another example of this. That's fine. It's all part of the growing up and learning experience.

Edit and it's shallow because it's based on political views, friendship groups and geographical location.
All shallow. All more shallow than:
how you resolve conflict
how many children you want
Attitude to personal finances and money, getting it and spending it
Basic philosophy to raising children

And as far as I know, she didnt reject him. As per as story goes, she tried to reason out but he decided to put blame on her.
That's not the impression I got from reading your previous thread on this subject.

Anyway, what happened between them in the past is purely academic from your point of view.
It doesn't matter what went on between them before and how he felt before about her. What counts is the situation now inJanuary 2020, where you have no boyfriend. Which is fine if you're happy being single. If you'd prefer to have a boyfriend, go and get one. You can do it. You got one in the past, you can get one again.

And she was being creepy because she wasnt even talking to him but just by looking at his face and eyes (god knows what this eye contact is between them) that he was upset
That's not creepy. It is just being extroverted (Carl Jung), observant and having empathy.
You are just making up insults if you are calling her creepy because of that.
Last edited by Dunnig Kruger; 2 weeks ago
Anonymous #1
Young adults often get together for shallow reasons. Which then aren't enough to bind them together long term - because of important under the surface incompatabilities.
You and him are just another example of this. That's fine. It's all part of the growing up and learning experience.

Edit and it's shallow because it's based on political views, friendship groups and geographical location.
how you resolve conflict

That's not the impression I got from reading your previous thread on this subject.

Anyway, what happened between them in the past is purely academic from your point of view.
It doesn't matter what went on between them before and how he felt before about her. What counts is the situation now inJanuary 2020, where you have no boyfriend. Which is fine if you're happy being single. If you'd prefer to have a boyfriend, go and get one. You can do it. You got one in the past, you can get one again.

That's not creepy. It is just being extroverted (Carl Jung), observant and having empathy.
And you think shes a better fit for him? As she doesnt have any of those views listed as common with us/him?
Anonymous #1

how you resolve conflict

I ve always said he created a mess with her
boods8897
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I ve always said he created a mess with her
But the thing is it isn't your choice. You can't choose who he wants to be with and even if it did turn out to be a mistake, that's his mistake to make. You don't see what goes on behind the scenes in the relationship either - for all you know, they could be perfect for each other and you just don't see it. Equally, neither of you could be right and soon enough he'll find girl 3, you'll find guy 2 and everyone will move on.
Dunnig Kruger
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
And you think shes a better fit for him? As she doesnt have any of those views listed as common with us/him?
Really?
Please feel free to tell us how each of them
Resolves conflict
how many children they want
their basic philosophy on raising children
Their approach and philosophy on earning and spending their own money

Also feel free to tell us how you know these things about her instead of guessing them.
Anonymous #1
Really?
Please feel free to tell us how each of them
Resolves conflict
how many children they want
their basic philosophy on raising children
Their approach and philosophy on earning and spending their own money

Also feel free to tell us how you know these things about her instead of guessing them.
Eye contact and unresolved attraction solves these?
Anonymous #3
Report 2 weeks ago
I’m surprised you’ ve not put a tracking device on her and put secret cameras around her accommodation to watch her 24/7.

You’re obsessed with her, do you dream about her as well?
Dunnig Kruger
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Eye contact and unresolved attraction solves these?
No, of course it doesn't.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
@Dunn

No, of course it doesn't.
Then what makes you say shes a better fit??
lisahenry
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Based on other replies, I'm guessing you're girl 1. If so, just get over him and accept that he likes the other girl. Girl 1 was just the rebound and him going back to girl 2 shows that he wasn't over her while dating girl 1. If they are going out again now, then it means they likely fixed whatever problem caused them to break up in the first place. It seems like you're trying to get validation from other people that he really wanted to be with you but it didn't work out so he had to settle with the girl 2, when, even based on how you wrote it, it sounds like girl 2 is the one he wanted to be and he settled with girl 1 temporarily.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by lisahenry)
Based on other replies, I'm guessing you're girl 1. If so, just get over him and accept that he likes the other girl. Girl 1 was just the rebound and him going back to girl 2 shows that he wasn't over her while dating girl 1. If they are going out again now, then it means they likely fixed whatever problem caused them to break up in the first place. It seems like you're trying to get validation from other people that he really wanted to be with you but it didn't work out so he had to settle with the girl 2, when, even based on how you wrote it, it sounds like girl 2 is the one he wanted to be and he settled with girl 1 temporarily.
Yeah but when he messed up he was hateful and angry at her. And removed himself. Then we started dating
How can someone want her when he didnt even have sex?
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
How can someone want her when he didnt even have sex?
So people can only want to be with someone if they've already slept with them? Unless you're talking about one night stands, your logic is slightly warped here.

Even if he did get angry with her, he is allowed to change his mind and feel differently later.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
So people can only want to be with someone if they've already slept with them? Unless you're talking about one night stands, your logic is slightly warped here.

Even if he did get angry with her, he is allowed to change his mind and feel differently later.
Well, we started hanging out and kissing/making out and sex happened unlike their story. So when no sex happened, how ?
Dunnig Kruger
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
@Dunn

Then what makes you say shes a better fit??
What makes you think you're a better fit for him for the most important factors in determining if 2 people will be happy together in the long term?
The politics, clothes, freindship group are all relatively unimportant factors in deciding whether the 2 of you would be happy together in the long term.

Based on the way you've interacted with me and the other posters in this thread and the previous one, I'd say that you and this young man are - probably - less compatible in how you resolve conflict than Girl 2 and him.
Because Girl 2 is - probably - more flexible, less stubborn, less obsessive, has more empathy than you. And is therefore -probably - more compatible than you with him in this area.

There may be some other important area, for example him wanting 4 children whilst she wants 0 that will lead to them breaking up eventually.

As for how could he want her when they'd never had sex? That's easy. It's a basic human trait to desire that what he haven't got. And to take that what we have got for granted. He was just acting like a normal human being when he still wanted to get together with her, even though things hadn't worked out first time around between them.
agentundercover
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Lmao you posted the same thing a few weeks ago, I remember seeing it.
Just get over this guy. It seems you're obsessed
Anonymous #1
What makes you think you're a better fit for him for the most important factors in determining if 2 people will be happy together in the long term?
The politics, clothes, freindship group are all relatively unimportant factors in deciding whether the 2 of you would be happy together in the long term.

Based on the way you've interacted with me and the other posters in this thread and the previous one, I'd say that you and this young man are - probably - less compatible in how you resolve conflict than Girl 2 and him.
Because Girl 2 is - probably - more flexible, less stubborn, less obsessive, has more empathy than you. And is therefore -probably - more compatible than you with him in this area.

There may be some other important area, for example him wanting 4 children whilst she wants 0 that will lead to them breaking up eventually.

As for how could he want her when they'd never had sex? That's easy. It's a basic human trait to desire that what he haven't got. And to take that what we have got for granted. He was just acting like a normal human being when he still wanted to get together with her, even though things hadn't worked out first time around between them.
I mean how can not having sex result in attraction? Like I said ours was hanging out which led to touching/making out and sex.
Dunnig Kruger
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I mean how can not having sex result in attraction? Like I said ours was hanging out which led to touching/making out and sex.
The attraction came from him finding her attractive enough physically and attractive enough personality wise.
The lack of sex would add to the desire for him to have sex with her.
That's how people work.

He found you attractive enough physically and personality wise for him to want to have sex with you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's stopping you doing a masters?

It's too expensive (56)
24.56%
My career doesn't need one (30)
13.16%
I'm sick of studying (46)
20.18%
I can't find a course I want to do (6)
2.63%
I don't know enough about them (16)
7.02%