how applicants choose offers for Master's, when each uni's follow their own timeline Watch

Sarathy_SCM
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How applicants choose best offers they have received for Post graduation when each university follow's different timeline to consider application. In case of Under graduation, UCAS takes care of this?
Not all uni's share staged admission timelines in that case how to apply across uni's in order to receive offers around same time.
Last edited by Sarathy_SCM; 1 month ago
Sarathy_SCM
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
++
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sarathy_SCM)
How applicants choose best offers they have received for Post graduation when each university follow's different timeline to consider application. In case of Under graduation, UCAS takes care of this?
Not all uni's share staged admission timelines in that case how to apply across uni's in order to receive offers around same time.
Most of the time, you apply for postgraduate courses directly to the universities where you want to study. They may get back to you very quickly, or it may take a few months. If they give you an offer but ask you to accept/decline by a certain date, and you haven't got all your offers yet, you can accept for now and then make a final decision later once you have all your offers. Be careful though, as some universities may ask you to pay something once you have accepted your offer.
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sarathy_SCM)
Just apply imo, PG masters is more if you meet the entry requirements then "first come first served". Generally PG-masters are more relaxed but a couple unis did stop taking applications earlier on.

Most Unis are fine with you applying well in advance, once you are approaching final year of UG you can apply to most unis before that academic year even starts in August/September so 13/14 months before you would join the uni.

Once you get offers they are likely to put a time frame on, so like 4-6 weeks to accept the offer.

TBH i would just apply to your favourite unis first.
emiloujess
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am just applying to the one I want first as there is only one uni I really want to go to. Also some (most?) unis have an application fee for postgrad so it can get expensive. Going to wait and see if Notts rejects me before applying to Leicester :woo:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • University of Bradford
    Postgraduate Open day/Evening Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • Queen's University Belfast
    Postgraduate LIVE Masters & PhD Study Fair Postgraduate
    Wed, 4 Mar '20

Do you get study leave?