aliceqadira
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi guys, I am in year 9 and we have to choose our options this week!! I've already decided on Chemistry, Biology, History and Economics, and I only have one more space.
I've been thinking about DT or Spanish.
My favorite one is Spanish, but everyone tells me that am really good at DT (I have good ideas!). I don't really want to do DT, as I don't feel that motivated to spend so many hours on coursework. my other subjects will anyway take a lot of time themselves! What do you think I should choose?
_Mia101
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You have said it yourself. You don't feel that motivates to spend so many hours on coursework. I think that answers your question.

As someone in year 11, let me tell you dt, Art and any subject similar to those are a lot of work. My year started with 15 people doing DT, now there are 4!

Now don't get me wrong Spanish is also a lot of work as you have to prepare for sooo many speaking questions, and you need to get the grammar right and learn the vocab, but if you like the subject you'll be more willing to put in the work.
aliceqadira
Rep:
?
Thanks for your advice☺️did you do Spanish GCSE? How was it?
_Mia101
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by aliceqadira)
Thanks for your advice☺️did you do Spanish GCSE? How was it?
No :nah:. I'm in year 11, and I'm currently doing French GCSE.
redmeercat
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I did DT and French GCSE, and to be honest, I kinda wish I'd done another language instead of DT. Even though I was good at it, I preferred French and it's so much more useful. You can learn how to do DT at almost any point in your life, but teenage years are some of the best for picking up new languages, other than earlier childhood, of course.
big-L
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
spanish GCSE really isn’t too bad. most people i know who are taking DT are depressed
student_life2020
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I was debating between Spanish and Textiles, I ended up doing Spanish and I really recommend it, theres a lot to learn but I feel like everything links well and the grammar you use to often it naturally sticks. I am not gonna lie it was hard but I think it was really worth it
Angel Amenze
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Please just do Spanish, Creative arts are a different type of stress🤦🏾*♀️
aliceqadira
Rep:
?
(Original post by redmeercat)
I did DT and French GCSE, and to be honest, I kinda wish I'd done another language instead of DT. Even though I was good at it, I preferred French and it's so much more useful. You can learn how to do DT at almost any point in your life, but teenage years are some of the best for picking up new languages, other than earlier childhood, of course.
is DT too much coursework? Do you have to do a lot of drawing
redmeercat
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I did the old spec, bit it was a lot, yeah. And part of the exams is drawing. It is enjoyable, but it is more aimed at manufacturing in the business world than making tables at home.
aliceqadira
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by student_life2020)
I was debating between Spanish and Textiles, I ended up doing Spanish and I really recommend it, theres a lot to learn but I feel like everything links well and the grammar you use to often it naturally sticks. I am not gonna lie it was hard but I think it was really worth it
is there a lot of grammar and essays?
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by aliceqadira)
is there a lot of grammar and essays?
Definitely do Spanish! Extremely rewarding and fun. :rambo:

The grammar at GCSE level is quite simple and there's barely much writing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (16)
7.69%
They've been reasonable (88)
42.31%
Not feeling great... (51)
24.52%
They are TERRIBLE! (53)