The Student Room Group

First date help!!

Hi guys, so I am 18 and going out to dinner on my first ever date. If anyone could answer these questions that would be great :smile:

1) how do I make him feel more comfortable? (boy I am going with is very shy, even though I am also a shy girl)
2) How can I be alluring so that my date finds me attractive :/
3) What should I wear? (casual restaurant in busy area)
4) Is a kiss or hand-holding expected on the date?
Ahh this is so cute I've never been on a date so I cant help you but I want to see people's advice as I might find it useful in the future
Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys, so I am 18 and going out to dinner on my first ever date. If anyone could answer these questions that would be great :smile:

1) how do I make him feel more comfortable? (boy I am going with is very shy, even though I am also a shy girl)
2) How can I be alluring so that my date finds me attractive :/
3) What should I wear? (casual restaurant in busy area)
4) Is a kiss or hand-holding expected on the date?

1) if your both shy, try to find a corner in the restaurant where you can talk privately or your away from everyone else. Don’t overdo it with the talking as well.

2) How can you make yourself attractive? I think that if he’s on a date he already finds you attractive. Smile, do your hair properly and put on some makeup.

3) If it’s a casual restaurant then casual clothes but not too casual and don’t overdo it!

4) Don’t have to kiss on a first date or hold hands, it’s your first date. Maybe just a peck on the cheek to greet him and a hug and then maybe the same at then end.

No idea why I’m giving you advice when I’ve never been on a date or had a girlfriend before
(edited 4 years ago)
1+2) Just be yourself.
3) Can't go wrong with jeans and a nice top. Unless you prefer skirts/dresses then hey that works too. Whatever, really!
4) often yes - but it doesn't have to happen.
Original post by sinfonietta
1+2) Just be yourself.
3) Can't go wrong with jeans and a nice top. Unless you prefer skirts/dresses then hey that works too. Whatever, really!
4) often yes - but it doesn't have to happen.

A jeans skirt I have to say I find looks nice on a girl

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending