therisktaker247
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Write an essay of a maximum 1500 words (excluding diagrams, tables and references, but including abstract) with the following title: Antibiotics, antimicrobial resistance and the control of disease

Use this title and write an essay that addresses it (i.e. includes a discussion of all three parts).

The essay should contain:
An abstract – At this stage it is common for students to write a preview rather than an abstract. Make sure that you do write a summary, not just an introduction.

Introduction to: antibiotics and their history, their use in the control of disease, their overuse.

Developed sections of main text, using evidence and figures to illustrate your ideas, information and analysis, that address at least three of:
The biochemical process of how antibiotics work.

The biochemical process of antibiotic resistance.

The proliferation of resistance and what the mechanism underlying this is.

The evidenced effects of altered disease control, for:
Human disease
and/or livestock diseases and the implications of widespread AB use in livestock on human health.

Mitigation of the effect of antimicrobial resistance.

The future of antibiotics, new sources, alternatives.

A conclusion: this should not simply repeat what you have said, but tie the points you have made together.
Jpw1097
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by therisktaker247)
Write an essay of a maximum 1500 words (excluding diagrams, tables and references, but including abstract) with the following title: Antibiotics, antimicrobial resistance and the control of disease

Use this title and write an essay that addresses it (i.e. includes a discussion of all three parts).

The essay should contain:
An abstract – At this stage it is common for students to write a preview rather than an abstract. Make sure that you do write a summary, not just an introduction.

Introduction to: antibiotics and their history, their use in the control of disease, their overuse.

Developed sections of main text, using evidence and figures to illustrate your ideas, information and analysis, that address at least three of:
The biochemical process of how antibiotics work.

The biochemical process of antibiotic resistance.

The proliferation of resistance and what the mechanism underlying this is.

The evidenced effects of altered disease control, for:
Human disease
and/or livestock diseases and the implications of widespread AB use in livestock on human health.

Mitigation of the effect of antimicrobial resistance.

The future of antibiotics, new sources, alternatives.

A conclusion: this should not simply repeat what you have said, but tie the points you have made together.
What is your question? It seems like you’ve been given a lot of guidance already.
therisktaker247
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jpw1097)
What is your question? It seems like you’ve been given a lot of guidance already.
There is no question, its just a title - Antibiotics, antimicrobial resistance and the control of disease
Jpw1097
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by therisktaker247)
There is no question, its just a title - Antibiotics, antimicrobial resistance and the control of disease
What is your question? You said you need help with your essay.
therisktaker247
Rep:
?
Do you know any good websites for these?
therisktaker247
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jpw1097)
What is your question? You said you need help with your essay.
Do you know any good websites for these?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (727)
33.8%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (921)
42.82%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (408)
18.97%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (95)
4.42%

Watched Threads