Advice needed asap applying for prelim (Foundation) optometry! can anyone help??

Watch this thread
zaacky00
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey guys! I am over the age of 30 & I am in the process of applying for prelim (Foundation) Optometry, I understand the deadline is close, I need some assistance on the following -

1) I have looked at the guide on Ucas personal statement & the criteria, Is there anywhere else i can look? What did you look at & how did you go about doing your personal statement?
2) Can anyone please direct me to a few good template personal statements just so I am able to get a good idea or a foundation, I understand you cannot copy & I have read all this on the Ucas websight which I do not intend on doing. I have only seen 1/2 online but I am not sure if they follow the correct criteria.

3) Also for the grades on ucas they ask for individual module marks, which I cant remember so can I leave this out?, as long as input the grade at the end ie GCE Advance level Maths B etc. I know the Awarding organisation, but to make sure its correct do I call the 6th form I studied at, I suppose they should have this information right?

Anyone that has been enrolled on to the prelim year i.e 1/2 year student etc / anyone that is looking to apply / anyone that is working as an optician & had to go through the same procedure would be of great help.

I would much appreciate this.

Thanks!
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by zaacky00)
Hey guys! I am over the age of 30 & I am in the process of applying for prelim (Foundation) Optometry, I understand the deadline is close, I need some assistance on the following -

1) I have looked at the guide on Ucas personal statement & the criteria, Is there anywhere else i can look? What did you look at & how did you go about doing your personal statement?
2) Can anyone please direct me to a few good template personal statements just so I am able to get a good idea or a foundation, I understand you cannot copy & I have read all this on the Ucas websight which I do not intend on doing. I have only seen 1/2 online but I am not sure if they follow the correct criteria.

3) Also for the grades on ucas they ask for individual module marks, which I cant remember so can I leave this out?, as long as input the grade at the end ie GCE Advance level Maths B etc. I know the Awarding organisation, but to make sure its correct do I call the 6th form I studied at, I suppose they should have this information right?

Anyone that has been enrolled on to the prelim year i.e 1/2 year student etc / anyone that is looking to apply / anyone that is working as an optician & had to go through the same procedure would be of great help.

I would much appreciate this.

Thanks!
:wavey:

Moved this over to the applications & UCAS forum for you- hopefully someone here can offer some advice/share their experience
zaacky00
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Labrador99)
:wavey:

Moved this over to the applications & UCAS forum for you- hopefully someone here can offer some advice/share their experience
Thanks! but no messages, I should have sent this many months back to give my self an opportunity, as this was extremely close to the deadline date with everyone finalising application before deadline.

Thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (144)
29.21%
It went fairly well (234)
47.46%
It didn't go too well (73)
14.81%
TERRIBLE! (42)
8.52%

Watched Threads