The Student Room Group

Advice needed asap applying for prelim (Foundation) optometry! can anyone help??

Hey guys! I am over the age of 30 & I am in the process of applying for prelim (Foundation) Optometry, I understand the deadline is close, I need some assistance on the following -

1) I have looked at the guide on Ucas personal statement & the criteria, Is there anywhere else i can look? What did you look at & how did you go about doing your personal statement?
2) Can anyone please direct me to a few good template personal statements just so I am able to get a good idea or a foundation, I understand you cannot copy & I have read all this on the Ucas websight which I do not intend on doing. I have only seen 1/2 online but I am not sure if they follow the correct criteria.

3) Also for the grades on ucas they ask for individual module marks, which I cant remember so can I leave this out?, as long as input the grade at the end ie GCE Advance level Maths B etc. I know the Awarding organisation, but to make sure its correct do I call the 6th form I studied at, I suppose they should have this information right?

Anyone that has been enrolled on to the prelim year i.e 1/2 year student etc / anyone that is looking to apply / anyone that is working as an optician & had to go through the same procedure would be of great help.

I would much appreciate this.

Thanks!
Original post by zaacky00
Hey guys! I am over the age of 30 & I am in the process of applying for prelim (Foundation) Optometry, I understand the deadline is close, I need some assistance on the following -

1) I have looked at the guide on Ucas personal statement & the criteria, Is there anywhere else i can look? What did you look at & how did you go about doing your personal statement?
2) Can anyone please direct me to a few good template personal statements just so I am able to get a good idea or a foundation, I understand you cannot copy & I have read all this on the Ucas websight which I do not intend on doing. I have only seen 1/2 online but I am not sure if they follow the correct criteria.

3) Also for the grades on ucas they ask for individual module marks, which I cant remember so can I leave this out?, as long as input the grade at the end ie GCE Advance level Maths B etc. I know the Awarding organisation, but to make sure its correct do I call the 6th form I studied at, I suppose they should have this information right?

Anyone that has been enrolled on to the prelim year i.e 1/2 year student etc / anyone that is looking to apply / anyone that is working as an optician & had to go through the same procedure would be of great help.

I would much appreciate this.

Thanks!

:wavey:

Moved this over to the applications & UCAS forum for you- hopefully someone here can offer some advice/share their experience :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Labrador99
:wavey:

Moved this over to the applications & UCAS forum for you- hopefully someone here can offer some advice/share their experience :smile:

Thanks! but no messages, I should have sent this many months back to give my self an opportunity, as this was extremely close to the deadline date with everyone finalising application before deadline.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest