Combined contraceptive pill Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Is it true that on the combined contraceptive pill you don’t need to take it in a certain amount of hours you just need to take it that day at some point? Cause the last few days instead of taking it at 8am (my time I chose to take it) I’ve been taking it at times later on like 10,12 ect. And every time I’ve googled if I’m protected it just says that for combined contraceptive pill needs to be taken daily where as the other pill with only one hormone it says that you pretty much need to take it at the same time but you’ve got a bit of time each way.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Is it true that on the combined contraceptive pill you don’t need to take it in a certain amount of hours you just need to take it that day at some point? Cause the last few days instead of taking it at 8am (my time I chose to take it) I’ve been taking it at times later on like 10,12 ect. And every time I’ve googled if I’m protected it just says that for combined contraceptive pill needs to be taken daily where as the other pill with only one hormone it says that you pretty much need to take it at the same time but you’ve got a bit of time each way.
You have a 12 hour window. So you could take your pill as late as 8pm and still be protected. Any later than that and you won't be. It is better if you try and take it at the same time, but taking it 2-3 hours later is absolutely fine and you'll still be protected.

You should read the leaflet that your pills come with as that will give you all the information you need about it.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
You have a 12 hour window. So you could take your pill as late as 8pm and still be protected. Any later than that and you won't be. It is better if you try and take it at the same time, but taking it 2-3 hours later is absolutely fine and you'll still be protected.

You should read the leaflet that your pills come with as that will give you all the information you need about it.
Ah okay so I have 12 hours I can take it late and I’ll still be fine? And yeah normally I’m so good at taking it at 8 but if I have a long lie I used to wake up take the pill then go back to sleep but I just couldn’t be bothered with that recently 😂yeah I did but it just said to take it that day but it did say things about 2 hours so I was really confused
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Ah okay so I have 12 hours I can take it late and I’ll still be fine? And yeah normally I’m so good at taking it at 8 but if I have a long lie I used to wake up take the pill then go back to sleep but I just couldn’t be bothered with that recently 😂yeah I did but it just said to take it that day but it did say things about 2 hours so I was really confused
Yes, but ideally try to take it at the same time for maximum effectiveness. It's also important to remember that it is not 100% effective, so even taking it perfectly doesn't mean that you're immune to pregnancy.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Yes, but ideally try to take it at the same time for maximum effectiveness. It's also important to remember that it is not 100% effective, so even taking it perfectly doesn't mean that you're immune to pregnancy.
Yeah. If I don’t get my period that should be how I know tho I think
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Yeah. If I don’t get my period that should be how I know tho I think
When you're on the pill, you don't get periods. What you experience are called withdrawal bleeds because there is no egg. Because you stop the pill for a week, your hormones change and that tells your body to shed the lining of your womb. So even if you get pregnant on the pill, some women (a minority) will still get their bleeds.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (63)
15.63%
1 (50)
12.41%
2 (53)
13.15%
3 (80)
19.85%
4 (83)
20.6%
5 (74)
18.36%