Misba09
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Can someone please Mark my work and give me a Mark out of 8 thanks ☺
I've got the question text and answer would really appreciate as trying to get top marks 😊

Question How does the writer use languAge here to describe the weather

The writer uses personification to describe the effect of the weather as crazy,mental "the coach,trembled and swayed,rocking between the high wheels like a drunken man," this conveys that the wind was acting like a drunken man,unsure of what they were doing which links to how it "trembled and swayed, "as if being a lunatic wanting to be set free.Also using zoomorphism "while the deputy horses prodded silently to his command broken by the wind,"This tells us one of the most reliable creature which doesn't give up can't face the wind as it's not how it normally is there being referred to as "broken,"

Thanks if you do help feel free to give improvements thanks if you need the text just message me 😊😊😊
Misba09
Rep:
?
That's the question and text
Attached files
Davy611
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Maybe 3/8. It's the coach and not the wind that's described as a drunken man. Another paragraph of focused analysis would boost your mark.
Foreverneek
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Your selection of evidence is good and you zoom in on sophisticated techniques, but you need to ensure that the structure of your paragraph is logical enough to support your analysis. For more focussed analysis, consider the effect of specific words and frequently link back to the question.

Consider the following paragraph, for example.

The effects of the weather include making the coach powerless and unable to fulfill its purpose. The use of personification through the successive verbs 'trembled' and 'swayed' highlights the instability of the coach, making it less of an inanimate object and more a living thing capable of feeling fear. The extreme weather induces such fear within the coach that it makes it '[tremble]', the coach becomes a powerless human-like victim against the predatory and more superior wind. When the coach 'sway[s]', the writer draws attention to how the structural integrity of the coach is compromised. Rather than transporting passengers safely, as would be expected of a coach, it is unsteady and out of control, illustrating the wind's dominance and its destructive properties. The simile which likens the coach to a 'drunken man' reiterates its powerlessness. The weather has the ability to induce intoxication, rendering the coach impotent and useless. Like a drunken person, the coach is both physically vulnerable and open to exploitation, the weather here reducing the coach's functionality.
Misba09
Rep:
?
(Original post by Davy611)
Maybe 3/8. It's the coach and not the wind that's described as a drunken man. Another paragraph of focused analysis would boost your mark.
Thnx do u know any way to improve
Misba09
Rep:
?
(Original post by Davy611)

(Original post by Foreverneek)
Your selection of evidence is good and you zoom in on sophisticated techniques, but you need to ensure that the structure of your paragraph is logical enough to support your analysis. For more focussed analysis, consider the effect of specific words and frequently link back to the question.

Consider the following paragraph, for example.

The effects of the weather include making the coach powerless and unable to fulfill its purpose. The use of personification through the successive verbs 'trembled' and 'swayed' highlights the instability of the coach, making it less of an inanimate object and more a living thing capable of feeling fear. The extreme weather induces such fear within the coach that it makes it '[tremble]', the coach becomes a powerless human-like victim against the predatory and more superior wind. When the coach 'sway[s]', the writer draws attention to how the structural integrity of the coach is compromised. Rather than transporting passengers safely, as would be expected of a coach, it is unsteady and out of control, illustrating the wind's dominance and its destructive properties. The simile which likens the coach to a 'drunken man' reiterates its powerlessness. The weather has the ability to induce intoxication, rendering the coach impotent and useless. Like a drunken person, the coach is both physically vulnerable and open to exploitation, the weather here reducing the coach's functionality.
Thanx do u know anyway on how I could me confident with answering these types of questions and using right quotations
Foreverneek
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Misba09)

Thanx do u know anyway on how I could me confident with answering these types of questions and using right quotations
Use a form of PEE to ensure your paragraph is logical (there are lots out there: PEE, PETER, PETAL etc.)

Point - directly answer the question
Evidence - select a longer quotation
Identify technique + focus on ONE key word from the longer quotation
Effect - comment on what the technique / key word adds to your understanding of the focus of the question
ADDITIONAL technique and key word
Link back to question.
Misba09
Rep:
?
Thanks your really good at at English language☺☺☺
I'm glad someone like you marked my work ☺☺☺
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (231)
61.11%
No (78)
20.63%
Not sure (69)
18.25%

Watched Threads