Worried about Unconditional Interview at Lancaster University Watch

aw03
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
i’ve got an interview for a potential unconditional offer at Lancaster University in just over 3 weeks but i’m worried about what they’re going to ask and how i can be successful in it.

i’d like to know what they’re going to ask, how long it’ll last for, how likely i am to get an unconditional and how long will it take for them to respond letting me know if i’ve got it? also if anyone who got a similar interview can tell me how it went and what they asked that would be great.

i plan on making Lancaster my firm regardless of if i get the unconditional but it would be such a huge weight off my chest if i know i’m going to university in October. (still plan on working super hard if i get an unconditional as i want good grades).

my interview is a video interview & my course is biomedical science.

thanks so much!!
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by aw03)
i’ve got an interview for a potential unconditional offer at Lancaster University in just over 3 weeks but i’m worried about what they’re going to ask and how i can be successful in it.

i’d like to know what they’re going to ask, how long it’ll last for, how likely i am to get an unconditional and how long will it take for them to respond letting me know if i’ve got it? also if anyone who got a similar interview can tell me how it went and what they asked that would be great.

i plan on making Lancaster my firm regardless of if i get the unconditional but it would be such a huge weight off my chest if i know i’m going to university in October. (still plan on working super hard if i get an unconditional as i want good grades).

thanks so much!!
I have no idea about what they ask for bio science. Don’t worry too much though. Trust yourself and relax. They’re probably gonna ask you why did you choose their university, why do you wanna study bio science and other identical questions. Google what do they ask and prepare yourself. However, do not worry too much. You got an unconditional offer for a reason. Relax, prepare and trust yourself as much as you can.
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by aw03)

thanks so much!!
Hello,
First of all - no one is allowed to say what's asked in an interview so it'll hard to find questions!
Secondly, I really don't think you should worry. They only started interviews last year and I worked at some of the interview days. What would happen is a student and a lecturer would conduct an approx. 15 minute interview asking simple questions. The interviews are not designed to test you and if you don't get an unconditional you will still have your original offer.
I can't say how long it'll take as interviews will be conducted for a few weeks - if you haven't heard anything by April then I'd get in touch.
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
aw03
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have no idea about what they ask for bio science. Don’t worry too much though. Trust yourself and relax. They’re probably gonna ask you why did you choose their university, why do you wanna study bio science and other identical questions. Google what do they ask and prepare yourself. However, do not worry too much. You got an unconditional offer for a reason. Relax, prepare and trust yourself as much as you can.
thank you for replying, i really appreciate it. i’m gonna try and prepare myself as best i can. i’m just worried they’re gonna ask me proper exam questions and if i mess them up then i’ll be unsuccessful.
aw03
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Hello,
First of all - no one is allowed to say what's asked in an interview so it'll hard to find questions!
Secondly, I really don't think you should worry. They only started interviews last year and I worked at some of the interview days. What would happen is a student and a lecturer would conduct an approx. 15 minute interview asking simple questions. The interviews are not designed to test you and if you don't get an unconditional you will still have your original offer.
I can't say how long it'll take as interviews will be conducted for a few weeks - if you haven't heard anything by April then I'd get in touch.
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
thank you!! do you know how many people are successful / unsuccessful? like maybe % wise? my interview is early February.
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by aw03)
thank you!! do you know how many people are successful / unsuccessful? like maybe % wise? my interview is early February.
No I don't but I think the majority are successful.
Charlotte
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by aw03)
thank you for replying, i really appreciate it. i’m gonna try and prepare myself as best i can. i’m just worried they’re gonna ask me proper exam questions and if i mess them up then i’ll be unsuccessful.
Why would you be unsuccessful?? Even if they ask you exam questions, they’re not gonna ask nothing too hard, they don’t wanna test you and trick you! Interviews are for them to understand you and see your manners and the way you speak! Don’t worry, you got this!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (12)
6.94%
They've been reasonable (71)
41.04%
Not feeling great... (45)
26.01%
They are TERRIBLE! (45)
26.01%

Watched Threads