The Student Room Group

bf dumped me after I made a big mistake

I was in a long distance relationship with my bf but I cheated on him twice at uni I deeply regretted it, he found out when he found a message on my phone at Christmas and he kicked off and ended it. I have been pleading for a another chance but he just ignores me and don't reply I said I am willing to give up uni to prove to him it wont happen again I mean hes my soul mate, advice?

Scroll to see replies

once a cheater always a cheater, don't blame him.
In the nicest way possible if he was your soul mate, those things wouldn’t have happened.Don’t give up university for a guy. In realistic terms, you can’t bank on a relationship lasting forever, but qualifications and an education do. They secure your future, he doesn’t. Try work things out for sure, but don’t sacrifice your career for him cause uhh it doesn’t sound promising
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I was in a long distance relationship with my bf but I cheated on him twice at uni I deeply regretted it, he found out when he found a message on my phone at Christmas and he kicked off and ended it. I have been pleading for a another chance but he just ignores me and don't reply I said I am willing to give up uni to prove to him it wont happen again I mean hes my soul mate, advice?

Should have thought of that before cheating, not once, but twice.
Things would never be the same.
Unlikely he would ever forgive you, but get on with your life and see what happens.
Plenty of time to meet other people.
Btw you dont souynd unhappy you cheated, just unhappy you got caught.
You must be stupid and desperate to be willing to give up uni for a boy

mistake
noun [ C ]

an action, decision, or judgment that produces an unwanted or unintentional result.

cheating does not fit the definition, unless you just thought he wouldn't find out.
Here's the thing, if he was really your soulmate you wouldn't cheat on him at all. The fact that you've done it twice proves that you're not truly happy with him. You've probably destroyed all his trust and frankly you don't deserve another chance. What you need to do now is learn to be better for your next relationships. You're still young and have so much more of your life to find the right person and treat them amazingly, but don't leave uni that's not a smart move at all.

Once is bad enough but you did it twice, glad he saw sense and dumped you
once *may* be a valid mistake dependent on the situation, but twice isn’t a mistake. nothing you can do
You cheated on him twice.
That ain't a mistake.

Let me guess, you were drunk so it "doesn't count"?

You had another chance. You cheated again.

The relationship is over, it's almost impossible for him to trust you again.

Time to move on.
twice?

You didn't make a mistake, your just a bad person who shouldn't be trusted.

Leave the poor man alone, Maybe he will be luckier with the next girl he meets.

I fear for the guy you find next.. doesn't know what hes getting himself in for, and I doubt you will tell him..
It's not a mistake if you did it twice.
Let him be and move on with your life.
Reply 13
Original post by MidgetFever
You cheated on him twice.
That ain't a mistake.

Let me guess, you were drunk so it "doesn't count"?

She should have robbed somewhere as well since of course being drunk covers it all.

I’m sorry you have to go through this OP, to have to have consequences to your actions.
You didn’t just cheat on him once... you did it twice. That isn’t a mistake, you’re just a bar person.
if he really means something to you, why did you cheat?
You have done something very bad and that too twice

He doesn't owe you forgiveness. He probably wants to move on. You making silly threats that cut off your nose to spite your face isn't going to suddenly make him think that you're a better person.

Just because you regret an action (or two in this case) doesn't mean you are suddenly free of blame.
Reply 18
Difficult to complain as infidelity in a relationship is universally regarded as a dumpable offence. All you can do is present your apologies and any mitigation and see what happens.
Respect his decision and leave him alone.

Learn from these mistakes and don't cheat on your next partner.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending