tasneem.016
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
in an English essay (GCSE) how many quotations are you meant to write in a para? do you only use 1 quotation and just break it down. or do you have to use many and break them all down somehow? and how many analysis are you meant to write for a quotation/
stressedanddone
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Use a point for the beginning and then a quote, break it down, mention language skills and techniques being used in that quote. Explain it and write how it makes the reader/audience feel. Hope this helps!
tasneem.016
Rep:
?
(Original post by stressedanddone)
Use a point for the beginning and then a quote, break it down, mention language skills and techniques being used in that quote. Explain it and write how it makes the reader/audience feel. Hope this helps!
so i am meant to pick out a quote analyse it then pick out a word write the connotations of it and then analyse that exact word by talking about language skills and techniques (btw how do I talk about language skills and techniques and how do i remember them all) and then write 2 sentences analysing it and then write about the reader?
Tolgash
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
As many as you like, so long as they are germane.
stressedanddone
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by tasneem.016)
so i am meant to pick out a quote analyse it then pick out a word write the connotations of it and then analyse that exact word by talking about language skills and techniques (btw how do I talk about language skills and techniques and how do i remember them all) and then write 2 sentences analysing it and then write about the reader?
It doesn’t matter how many sentence you write but as long as it’s good. So for like language technique they are like metaphors and similes, skills are adjectives and verbs. So just pick those out and write why the writer has that and such. You can use PETER to remind you so these are:
Point
Evidence
Techniques
Explaintion
Reader

Best of luck!
tasneem.016
Rep:
?
(Original post by stressedanddone)
It doesn’t matter how many sentence you write but as long as it’s good. So for like language technique they are like metaphors and similes, skills are adjectives and verbs. So just pick those out and write why the writer has that and such. You can use PETER to remind you so these are:
Point
Evidence
Techniques
Explaintion
Reader

Best of luck!
thank you so much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (55)
36.18%
No (80)
52.63%
I don't know (17)
11.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed