How many people have had a change of course offer from York?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
How many people have received a change of course? Eg applied for a course and then York have said you’ve been unsuccessful but would like to offer you another course?
What course did you apply for? What was it changed to? Are you considering forming it?
olivia43
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I applied for medicine at Hull York, got a rejection but an offer to apply either at Hull or at York, so I emailed back and said I would like BSc Biomedicine and they made me an offer around 3 weeks later.
Anonymous #1
That’s great! I’m just waiting on track updating with change and offer!
olivia43
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm considering it if i don't get any other med offers.
What did you apply for? What did you change too?
Anonymous #1
Psychology changed to sociology and social psychology. Waiting for all offers to come in before decision like you.
CharlotteSalf
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Psychology changed to sociology and social psychology. Waiting for all offers to come in before decision like you.
Hi!

I just thought I’d offer some advice. I have just finished the course in Sociology & Social Psychology, I absolutely loved it (it was my first choice). However, one of my best friends was in a similar situation to you, she didn’t have the grades to get onto the straight Psychology course, so she decided to do Sociology with Social Psychology, however this course is not BPS accredited so she opted for the Psychology in Education course which is BPS accredited. I hope this helps you in some way, especially if you wish to pursue a career in Psychology AND attend York! York truly is an amazing University in my opinion!

Best of luck!
Anonymous #1
Sociology was the course offered to me but I’ve found out I can go on and do a masters in psychology accredited conversion course so still able to pursue this. Thank you for the advice. It’s good to know your friend enjoyed the sociology course.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Sociology was the course offered to me but I’ve found out I can go on and do a masters in psychology accredited conversion course so still able to pursue this. Thank you for the advice. It’s good to know your friend enjoyed the sociology course.
I think Charlotte's advice was really good. My daughter did Psychology in Education at Lancaster a few years ago because she couldn't get onto the straight Psychology course and she managed to switch to straight Psychology within a few weeks. I'm not saying this will necessarily be possible at York but at least the course is BPS accredited. I would phone Admissions and just ask about the Psychology in Education course instead (if it interests you) - it can't hurt!
Anonymous #1
Thank you - I’ll have a look!
Clementine1999
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I applied to study Midwifery at The University Of York but was offered Adult Nursing instead. I emailed back to accept the offer as I can still become a midwife after doing nursing, it just takes an 18 month top up course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (7)
5.04%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (24)
17.27%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
17.27%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (20)
14.39%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (40)
28.78%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
17.27%

Watched Threads