JustACoincidence
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Been having a problem with my uni WiFi and loading Netflix. Just gotten back from my Christmas holidays, and the Netflix app will no longer work on my iPad, citing a proxy error. It worked fine before and I’m at a loss what to do.
Newcastle University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by JustACoincidence)
Been having a problem with my uni WiFi and loading Netflix. Just gotten back from my Christmas holidays, and the Netflix app will no longer work on my iPad, citing a proxy error. It worked fine before and I’m at a loss what to do.
Hi JustACoincidence,

Oh no, sorry to hear you've been having problems with your uni WiFi. We all know how important Netflix is whilst at uni!
We have been in touch with our IT Service about this and they have given us the below response;

"We would recommend the student looks at the student network access page for advice on this using the link https://services.ncl.ac.uk/itservice...s/connect/sna/

We would ask if the student can access WiFi on the Ipad with their log on details and try to remove the app and then down load again, if they still have issues they can call the IT Service Desk or visit a connection clinic with the Ipad, the clinics information can be found using the link https://www.ncl.ac.uk/itservice/supp...tservicedesks/ "

Hope this helps!

- Laura
JustACoincidence
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thank you! 😊 managed to reset my wifi settings and get the app functioning again
Newcastle University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by JustACoincidence)
Thank you! 😊 managed to reset my wifi settings and get the app functioning again
Great news! Glad you managed to get it fixed

- Laura
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (15)
7.98%
They've been reasonable (77)
40.96%
Not feeling great... (49)
26.06%
They are TERRIBLE! (47)
25%

Watched Threads