Finding your friends in second semester? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I’m away to start second semester and I feel like I’ve been quite unlucky with friends. I’m friendly with quite a few people but they all have other friends they’re closer to . I’m involved in 2 societies and looking to join another so it’s not a case of me not being involved. I was wondering has anyone found that they met the friends they’re close with or are sharing a flat with in second semester of first year ?
kawaii_panda101
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m away to start second semester and I feel like I’ve been quite unlucky with friends. I’m friendly with quite a few people but they all have other friends they’re closer to . I’m involved in 2 societies and looking to join another so it’s not a case of me not being involved. I was wondering has anyone found that they met the friends they’re close with or are sharing a flat with in second semester of first year ?
Hi, I'm not in university yet but my sister is in the same boat as you. She feels she has been unlucky and the people she has met are not on the same wavelength or have other friends that they are closer to too. She doesn't have anyone to share a flat with yet either but I think it will work out. Don't worry you are definitely not the only one
Anonymous #2
Report 5 days ago
Im basically in the same situation as you. Going back to uni tomorrow after xmas break. Im friendly with my flatmates but not super close, plus they are all living with other people/each other and i ended up alone. Im nervous about seeing everyone because i feel kind of lonely and disconnected from them. Ive made plans to maybe live with some people i found on a facebook group advertising flatshares, but it depresses me that im the only one i know not living with friends they made in term 1. I find it humiliating tbh. I hope i make more friends in term 2, uni is lonely for me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (85)
13.36%
1 (86)
13.52%
2 (83)
13.05%
19.34%
21.86%
18.87%

Watched Threads