Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
is it worth it living in accomadation in the same city (approx two hours) where your family lives? i cant stand my family since i need some freedom (not partying all night, just need my own space) and well i do not know if it is worth the money to live at uni? the uni from my house is approx nearly two hours away so...
learner38
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
So it takes two hours to get to ur uni
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Definitely consider moving into accommodation if your uni is two hours away and you need space from your family, those are probably the two main reasons students do move away from home
learner38
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
It’s a great experience living away from your family but it’s all up to money if you can afford it go for it
Anonymous #2
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by bones-mccoy)
Definitely consider moving into accommodation if your uni is two hours away and you need space from your family, those are probably the two main reasons students do move away from home
one question about uni accomodation - when holidays come around are you allowed to stay or will they kick you out?
bones-mccoy
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
one question about uni accomodation - when holidays come around are you allowed to stay or will they kick you out?
That depends on the contract and how many weeks it's for, most will allow you to stay for Christmas/Easter but maybe not summer
Anonymous #1
(Original post by learner38)
So it takes two hours to get to ur uni
Well, it takes approx 1 hour and 45 mins but usually there is traffic so it takes approx 2 hours to get there on time.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by bones-mccoy)
That depends on the contract and how many weeks it's for, most will allow you to stay for Christmas/Easter but maybe not summer
the contract is approx 44 or 51 weeks, i rather pick the 51 weeks since it's better that way. plus, it is £4000+, there is a shared kitchen and bathroom which i don't mind.
bones-mccoy
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
the contract is approx 44 or 51 weeks, i rather pick the 51 weeks since it's better that way. plus, it is £4000+, there is a shared kitchen and bathroom which i don't mind.
51 weeks would cover the whole year then
Anonymous #3
Report 6 days ago
Uni is a great opportunity for us to move away from family and grow as our own people. Go into accommodation and have your own space, it sounds like you need it.
Himynameisdaisy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I’d go into uni accommodation. Doing 2 hours there and 2 hours back everyday would be exhausting, plus in the long run possibly more expensive depending on mode of transport. There’s always student loans and part time jobs. But yeah, go learn some life skills!
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
It is worth the money to move into your own place while at uni.
Either living on campus, an off-campus students only complex or private house-share.
Particularly if you want to experience life as an independent adult and put some distance between yourself & family members.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (91)
13.06%
1 (89)
12.77%
2 (89)
12.77%
18.94%
22.67%
19.8%

Watched Threads