The Student Room Group

Vet Med @ Surrey Uni 2020

Has anyone else applied for Surrey Vet School for starting in 2020 and had a reply/ interview yet?
Reply 1
Hi, I've applied for surrey vetmed this year. I heard back from them on the 20th of october for an interview on the 21st of November. A week later I recieved an offer for a place to study on the course. From the people ive talked to who have also applied for vet med, Surrey seemed to be holding interviews at different times i.e. they weren't all at the same time, like Liverpool where all the interviews were in 2-week timeslot.
If you havent heard back, id personally take it as good news, since they're probably still considering your applications, since they haven't straight out rejected you. Dont worry too much that you've yet to hear back, i know its easy for me to say that, but honestly dont stress about it. If they havent sent you anything, it probably means they're still making offers and holding interviews.

Hope this helped, and good luck with your applications
Original post by GGrey28
Hi, I've applied for surrey vetmed this year. I heard back from them on the 20th of october for an interview on the 21st of November. A week later I recieved an offer for a place to study on the course. From the people ive talked to who have also applied for vet med, Surrey seemed to be holding interviews at different times i.e. they weren't all at the same time, like Liverpool where all the interviews were in 2-week timeslot.
If you havent heard back, id personally take it as good news, since they're probably still considering your applications, since they haven't straight out rejected you. Dont worry too much that you've yet to hear back, i know its easy for me to say that, but honestly dont stress about it. If they havent sent you anything, it probably means they're still making offers and holding interviews.

Well done on your offer, that's awesome! Yea was just curious to see where other people were up to. May or may not see you around. Where else did you apply to?
Reply 3
Original post by infinityjj13
Well done on your offer, that's awesome! Yea was just curious to see where other people were up to. May or may not see you around. Where else did you apply to?

Liverpool, Bristol and Harper & Keele.
Yet to hear from bristol though! Where have you applied for?
My daughter had an interview on 29th November and an offer on 10th December. She was rejected from Liverpool (although they said to call them on results day if she does well) and waiting to hear from Nottingham and Bristol. Surrey and Liverpool were her favourites so she is more than happy to get an offer from Surrey.
Original post by GGrey28
Liverpool, Bristol and Harper & Keele.
Yet to hear from bristol though! Where have you applied for?

Applied to Liverpool, Karper & Keele, Nottingham and Surrey; offers for the rest, just waiting on Surrey
My daughter had an interview on Jan 10th and got the offer Jan 13th. She'd all but given up on Surrey as her interview invite didn't come through until late December so fingers crossed you hear soon.
Reply 7
Original post by GGrey28

Hey congrats on your offer. If you don't mind me asking are you a Scottish student and what was your offer from Surrey?
Reply 8
Original post by Skylar25
Hey congrats on your offer. If you don't mind me asking are you a Scottish student and what was your offer from Surrey?my o

I'm actually a welsh student, and my offer was AAB (A in both chemistry and biology, and B in any other subject).
Reply 9
Original post by GGrey28
I'm actually a welsh student, and my offer was AAB (A in both chemistry and biology, and B in any other subject).

Ah okay, thank you.What level are the grades you need? just so I can have an idea compared to the Scottish system
Reply 10
Original post by Skylar25
Ah okay, thank you.What level are the grades you need? just so I can have an idea compared to the Scottish system

You need about 136 ucas points, so that's equivalent to maybe 1A 4 B's (ish), 3A 2C, (or better) etc. They often ask for you to get a minimum of B in chemistry and biology. I hope this helps😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending