Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I need some advice, I’ve fallen for a girl I’m close with. I know it’s love. I talked to her about it because I thought that would best to do so and she said she didn’t feel the same way. She said I shouldn’t feel at all ashamed that I told her and that it was fine to do so. Months have passed and I still feel the same, I just don’t know what to do but I can’t get rid of these feelings it’s so annoying and although it’s not ruining our friendship it’s ruining me and I’m too afraid to tell her this. What should I do?
cherlloydfan1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hey I've been in a similar situation with a guy friend liking me but now he has found a gf so I guess that's what u should do
Anonymous #1
(Original post by cherlloydfan1)
hey I've been in a similar situation with a guy friend liking me but now he has found a gf so I guess that's what u should do
I’m 17, I just don’t think it would be a good idea to have one right now, I don’t really need one
Anonymous #1
(Original post by cherlloydfan1)
It’s really annoying, I know it’s natural and everything but I just feel it’s not right and that I’m not treating her right by thinking like this. Should I tell her?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m 17, I just don’t think it would be a good idea to have one right now, I don’t really need one
What should I do?
clueIxss
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there, I'm sorry about your situation. It might be a good idea to take a step back for a little while and get a bit of space, just to give yourself time to let go of the feelings you're having. Of course you can still be friends, close friends even, but spending some time with other people or even trying to meet some new people will begin to help your thoughts not be completely pinpointed on her and widen your focus a little.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by clueIxss)
Hi there, I'm sorry about your situation. It might be a good idea to take a step back for a little while and get a bit of space, just to give yourself time to let go of the feelings you're having. Of course you can still be friends, close friends even, but spending some time with other people or even trying to meet some new people will begin to help your thoughts not be completely pinpointed on her and widen your focus a little.
I know loads of other people and do things with other people, I don’t know why but I’ve been feeling this for well over a year now
clueIxss
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I know loads of other people and do things with other people, I don’t know why but I’ve been feeling this for well over a year now
Again, maybe the key is just spending less time with her. The most effective way I've found is spending less time with the person you feel that towards, and just widening your circle and doing more to focus on yourself. You shouldn't completely cut her off, especially because you have such a good friendship, but you just need to do things so that she's less at the centre of your thoughts/life/etc.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by clueIxss)
Again, maybe the key is just spending less time with her. The most effective way I've found is spending less time with the person you feel that towards, and just widening your circle and doing more to focus on yourself. You shouldn't completely cut her off, especially because you have such a good friendship, but you just need to do things so that she's less at the centre of your thoughts/life/etc.
I don’t really see her often because she’s at a boarding school and only sometimes comes home on weekends. With widening my circle, thats kind of difficult for me because I tend to be socially awkward and quite shy, I’m also bullied quite a bit because of this. That’s why we’re such good friends though, because she understands this and is a very big help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (148)
60.66%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.51%
No- I want it (68)
27.87%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.97%

Watched Threads