The Student Room Group

UCLan 2021 entry medicine

Hi guys! I am planning on joining UCLan medicine in 2021 september. Though this is a bit early, I wanted to know if anyone else is there in this position as well (2021 entry).
Right now I am doing second year Biomedicine in Coventry University.
Hop in the chat and we can chat more about the process of entry!! :smile:
Looking forward to hearing from someone soon.

Thanks

Vini

Edited to add: UCLan A100 2021 Offer Holders' thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6952382
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vk0109
Hi guys! I am planning on joining UCLan medicine in 2021 september. Though this is a but early, I wanted to know if anyone else is there in this position as well (2021 entry).
Right now I am doing second year Biomedicine in Coventry University.
Hop in the chat and we can chat more about the process of entry!! :smile:
Looking forward to hearing from someone soon.

Thanks

Vini

How did you get in? Because they said there are only 15 places for UK students and you need to have a postcode from north west of england. They have 100 places for international students and give preference to them more.
Reply 2
Original post by TheMightyKind
How did you get in? Because they said there are only 15 places for UK students and you need to have a postcode from north west of england. They have 100 places for international students and give preference to them more.

I am an international student only!! And I haven't got into UCLan yet..just trying to get into medicine in 2021...
Reply 3
Hi! I am trying for 2021 entry. Do you guys know if there is a discussion forum for the UCLan 2021 entry medicine?

Thanks
Vini
Reply 4
Original post by vk0109
Hi! I am trying for 2021 entry. Do you guys know if there is a discussion forum for the UCLan 2021 entry medicine?

Thanks
Vini

Hi, I don't think there is one yet but you could surely make one!
Reply 5
Original post by vk0109
I am an international student only!! And I haven't got into UCLan yet..just trying to get into medicine in 2021...

Hey there! Did you do interview yet ? I have mine on feb 14 and quite nervous
Reply 6
Original post by RaabM
Hi, I don't think there is one yet but you could surely make one!

Hi,
Yes I have created one already, but no one seems to reply to it...:colonhash: LOL!
Reply 7
Original post by RSomeonenoone
well, they are the true income for the university, each one of them pays at least 20k a year fees! now that's more profitable than a home student who pays only 9k,i guess

isn't the fees for international students like 40,500?? I checked the website! I am trying for 2021 entry!! :colondollar:
Reply 8
Original post by myra17
Hey there! Did you do interview yet ? I have mine on feb 14 and quite nervous

Hi..No I haven't done any interview. I am trying for 2021 and not 2020. I'll be doing the application process only in september 2020 for the 2021 entry. :smile:
Good luck with your interview!!:smile:
Original post by vk0109
isn't the fees for international students like 40,500?? I checked the website! I am trying for 2021 entry!! :colondollar:

lol, if that's the case than am actually considering to opening my own medical school and charging less than that,
Reply 10
Original post by RSomeonenoone
lol, if that's the case than am actually considering to opening my own medical school and charging less than that,

HAHA!! But yes, I saw the website, and it did say 40,500 per year and moreover it keeps increasing each year...:frown: But most people also told me that all this is actually worth it you know..
I will be taking UCAT as well..so that i can apply to other unis as well for backups. Hopefully that goes well for me! :afraid:
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 11
Hi guys! Just had a quick question, for 2021 entry (september) into UCLan, we have to start applying for it in september 2020 right?

Thanks in advance

Vini
Reply 12
Thank you so much!
Reply 13
Original post by vk0109

University of Buckingham charges £35,000 for even UK students.
Reply 14
Original post by Mmasek1
University of Buckingham charges £35,000 for even UK students.

Oh my! But I don't actually have Buckingham as a choice. But still, that is really high :frown:
Reply 15
To any local students with interviews...im thinking to apply to UCLAN for 2021 entry - are you guys graduates? What kind of work experiance have ylu carried out? How did you increase your chance of getting an interview?
Reply 16
When does the application process start for people that want to apply for 2021 entry? Theres no info on the website for 2021 entry.

Also for local students - whats everyones background! How are they going to distinguish us! Is anyone a graduate etc?
Reply 17
Whoever is a local student and got an interview whats your background? Do you have a degree etc
Original post by Zap25
Whoever is a local student and got an interview whats your background? Do you have a degree etc

I’m in sixth form ahaha
Reply 19
Original post by hunchoM
I’m in sixth form ahaha

Oh wow! Did you get an interview? Whats your work experience like? I’m a pre-reg so i get involved with a lot of patients but not sure if thats enough work-experiance or if it counts hmmm
(edited 4 years ago)

Latest