Imani, Iniko, Isoke
Mixedraceguy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by SavageRyan)
I agree with you on that one mate I true black guy has four black grand parents
Well yeah sure and every black guy has slightly mixed ancestory like 10-15% white in them
Mixedraceguy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by nathan_nacu)
Well mixed race isn’t a racial category so I don’t understand what you’re trying to imply........ that’s like saying I’m not black because one of my grandparents is white (which they are)
But why would being mixed be the same as being black? It's not the same as being white so why is the same as being black? It's nkt

Being mixed race is being of two or more races, whereas being black is just being black no white grandparents etc with maybe 10 to 15% white ancestory, So on top of that 10% whiteness you have you also have another 25% I wouldn't class you as black but mixed race. My mum is white and my dad's black he has four black grandparents so I'm mixed race and not black yes we're partially black but we are also partially white.

Mixed race is a racial category there's a mixed race bit on the census and any form that asks you what race you are
SavageRyan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Mixedraceguy)
Well yeah sure and every black guy has slightly mixed ancestory like 10-15% white in them
True and the one drop rule is ancient history now
nathan_nacu
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Mixedraceguy)
But why would being mixed be the same as being black? It's not the same as being white so why is the same as being black? It's nkt

Being mixed race is being of two or more races, whereas being black is just being black no white grandparents etc with maybe 10 to 15% white ancestory, So on top of that 10% whiteness you have you also have another 25% I wouldn't class you as black but mixed race. My mum is white and my dad's black he has four black grandparents so I'm mixed race and not black yes we're partially black but we are also partially white.

Mixed race is a racial category there's a mixed race bit on the census and any form that asks you what race you are
Your race is determined by a number Of phenotypical factors and genetics, ‘mixed’ is not a race so when aligning oneself you would normally associate them with their dominant features e.g. Pop singer Halsey is 1/2 black but is known as ‘white passing’ because all of the genes never came to fruition. If the one drop rule isn’t true then why would i who is 25% be ‘mixed’ and not just black 🤨
Mixedraceguy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
True and the one drop rule is ancient history now
Exactly but people still cling on to it though
Mixedraceguy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Your race is determined by a number Of phenotypical factors and genetics, ‘mixed’ is not a race so when aligning oneself you would normally associate them with their dominant features e.g. Pop singer Halsey is 1/2 black but is known as ‘white passing’ because all of the genes never came to fruition. If the one drop rule isn’t true then why would i who is 25% be ‘mixed’ and not just black 🤨
I go by the stats mainly and not by what someone looks like, bruv you have a lot more than one drop of white in you, I wouldn't really class an 8th but a quarter is significant
nathan_nacu
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Dude your mixed embrace it
Loooool
SavageRyan
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Loooool
There's note wrong in being mixed if I was mixed I would embrace but am just plain white
aciana
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Halsey's dad is 1/2 black, she is therefore 1/4 black and 3/4 white like Megan Markle. They refer to themselves as mixed race as do most people who are one or more races. This one drop rule is very outdated (it's certainly not "true") and associated with racist and colourist times in America, also a time when people were very concerned with being "white passing." Nobody talks in this backwards language anymore. Where are you from?
SavageRyan
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've never heard of halsey imma search her up I guess mixed race ppl come in different colours right? but I would never class someone as white if I knew they were half black too
SavageRyan
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by aciana)
Halsey's dad is 1/2 black, she is therefore 1/4 black and 3/4 white like Megan Markle. They refer to themselves as mixed race as do most people who are one or more races. This one drop rule is very outdated (it's certainly not "true") and associated with racist and colourist times in America, also a time when people were very concerned with being "white passing." Nobody talks in this backwards language anymore. Where are you from?
I thought meghan markle was half black I'm sure her mum is black
username5114988
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
She is
aciana
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Melanie.5)
She is
Oh ok I got that wrong. I thought she just looked more black than most mixed people like Obama.
SavageRyan
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Oh ok I got that wrong. I thought she just looked more black than most mixed people like Obama.
Ohhh right she isn't the darkest tbf
angelike1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
spongebobeshia is a beautiful name :love:
nathan_nacu
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No Meghan Markle and Halsey are both 1/2 black. Meghans mum is fully black whatre u on about? White-passing is very much still a used term, I’m from London?
Mixedraceguy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
There's note wrong in being mixed if I was mixed I would embrace but am just plain white
Note wrong in being white either or black
Fear-of-failure
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Piera
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

- Have you considered distance learning for any of your qualifications?

Yes! I'm on a distance learning course right now (3)
9.38%
Yes, I've thought about it but haven't signed up yet (3)
9.38%
No, but maybe I will look into it (7)
21.88%
No and I wouldn't consider it (19)
59.38%

Watched Threads