changing course/ uni after first year. Watch

brsa_301
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Its second term now and I still don't really enjoy being at uni, Ive only made one real friend and don't really enjoy the course (Im studying biology but I just fell like Im learning facts and not things I will actually be able to use in 'real life'). I also still really miss home and all the better things I could be doing there that being here at uni. So I have been looking into either changing course at a uni nearer where I live or just changing to this uni but staying on the same course. I just feel like Im 'giving in' to this uni and course, and what if the other course is just the same and I don't fit in there either? Has anybody else been in this situation/ or have made the leap to do this? Was it for the better or worse?
Anonymous #1
Report 6 days ago
It's not a failure to recognise that something isn't right for you.

Best to stop now with this experience to help you decide what is truly best for you.
Anonymous #2
Report 6 days ago
If you are seriously not enjoying it then change it as my daughter made the mistake of telling me two years into her course and we had to sort finance out for a year as she had used 2/4yrs allowed. So do it before second year or financially it wouldn’t work unless you can fork out £9K
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (88)
13.08%
1 (89)
13.22%
2 (85)
12.63%
19.17%
22.14%
19.76%

Watched Threads