samc77
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
hi,
I just got my n5 English prelim results back and got lower than I expected. I done well on the critical essay but the RUAE was just a shambles.
can anyone help me understand how to do RUAE??
mspratt1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’m sitting my ruae nat 5 prelim tomorrow and what’s helped me is doing past papers, it’s boring but it helps you to be prepared for the range of questions it could ask you. Also making flash cards/memorising the way to answer each question helps e.g for word choice “the word “....” has connotations of .... this suggests ...
And if you forget everything completely just remember to quote and then analyse also own words and summary questions are the easiest way to pick up marks.
samc77
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by mspratt1)
I’m sitting my ruae nat 5 prelim tomorrow and what’s helped me is doing past papers, it’s boring but it helps you to be prepared for the range of questions it could ask you. Also making flash cards/memorising the way to answer each question helps e.g for word choice “the word “....” has connotations of .... this suggests ...
And if you forget everything completely just remember to quote and then analyse also own words and summary questions are the easiest way to pick up marks.
thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (7)
9.86%
They've been reasonable (27)
38.03%
Not feeling great... (21)
29.58%
They are TERRIBLE! (16)