Condom combined with pill effectiveness Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
I've been seeing a girl for 4 months and she has been on the pill for the entire time and doesn't expect me to wear a condom as she sais her pill is 95% effective and she is very careful to take it at the same time each day and when she's on her "pill break" of 7 days we do not sleep together.
I withdraw from her before ejaculating the best i can every time we have sex but I am still paranoid that she might end up pregnant from some sperm dribbling back down into her vagina etc when wiping/clearing up. This paranoia causes me huge anxiety and makes me feel physically sick.
Subsequently I want to start using condoms on top of her pill contraceptive. Would this reduce chance of pregnancy to near impossible with both of us using a contraceptive method?
And would wearing a condom make a great deal of difference from just pulling out if she is on the pill?
Sophhhowa
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
The more contraception you use the less likely it is she will get pregnant. If it bothers you (which it clearly does) then definitely double up. Me and my bf both have anxiety so we always double up to put our minds at ease. By double up I mean condom + another method e.g combined pill
Anonymous #2
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've been seeing a girl for 4 months and she has been on the pill for the entire time and doesn't expect me to wear a condom as she sais her pill is 95% effective and she is very careful to take it at the same time each day and when she's on her "pill break" of 7 days we do not sleep together.
I withdraw from her before ejaculating the best i can every time we have sex but I am still paranoid that she might end up pregnant from some sperm dribbling back down into her vagina etc when wiping/clearing up. This paranoia causes me huge anxiety and makes me feel physically sick.
Subsequently I want to start using condoms on top of her pill contraceptive. Would this reduce chance of pregnancy to near impossible with both of us using a contraceptive method?
And would wearing a condom make a great deal of difference from just pulling out if she is on the pill?
first off I'm pretty sure she doesn't actually need to have a 'pill break', that's a personal choice/depends on the type of pill she is on - pretty sure it was only a thing so that the Catholic church would accept the pill as a form of contraception to make it more like "the natural cycle" but I highly doubt she would be able to get pregnant even in those 7 days, if she's taken it correctly and consistently then it should be totally fine (science things). secondly my advice would be ALWAYS wear a condom, even if it is not expected of you and even if she is on the pill. this is not a hard and fast rule, and obviously there are exceptions (unless a condom would be the only form of contraception in which case CONDOM), but generally speaking condoms make things a lot less anxiety inducing, and is often easier to use as it doesn't require the consistency of the pill, and protects both parties from any STIs. also there's pre-***, so your anxiety about sperm after pulling out isn't really necessary if you're not using a condom - the likelihood is that there's been some pre-*** in there anyway and it was fine.
basically just use a condom bro. just never use more than one at once because you think it'll be safer - friction causes them to break, and use appropriate lube if needed, so basically water based!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (62)
15.62%
1 (49)
12.34%
2 (53)
13.35%
3 (78)
19.65%
4 (81)
20.4%
5 (74)
18.64%