This discussion is closed.
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
B1546 – Rape Sentencing Bill 2020, Glaz MP

Rape Sentencing Bill 2020

An Act implementing those found guilty of rape to be given the death penalty.

BE IT ENACTED by the Queen's most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Commons, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:—

1: Offence of committing a crime of rape.

(1) It is an offence commit a crime of rape.

(2) For the purposes of this Act:—

(2) a. "rape" means any type of sexual assault involving sexual acts including but not limited to, intercourse and digital penetration, carried out against a person without that person's consent.,

(2) b. "death penalty" means any form of execution guaranteed to kill the criminal,

(2) c. "intercourse" is not strictly limited to the insertion of a penis and can occur with any object, including but not limited to, body parts, inanimate objects and sex toys.

2: Enforcement and Punishment

(1) Violation of this Act should be punishable by death penalty.

3: Exemption

(1) In cases of statutory rape, a team of psychologists should be enlisted to determine whether in each particular case, the minor had the mental capacity to make the decision to consent.

4: Extent

This Act extends to the United Kingdom.

5: Commencement

The provisions of this Act come into force immediately.

6: Short Title

This Act may be cited as the Rape Sentencing Bill 2020.

_Mia101
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
B1546 – Rape Sentencing Bill 2020, Glaz MP

An Act implementing those found guilty of rape to be given the death penalty.

BE IT ENACTED by the Queen's most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Commons, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:—

1: Offence of committing a crime of rape.

(1) It is an offence commit a crime of rape.

(2) For the purposes of this Act:—

(2) a. "rape" means any type of sexual assault involving sexual acts including but not limited to, intercourse and digital penetration, carried out against a person without that person's consent.,

(2) b. "death penalty" means any form of execution guaranteed to kill the criminal,

(2) c. "intercourse" is not strictly limited to the insertion of a penis and can occur with any object, including but not limited to, body parts, inanimate objects and sex toys.

2: Enforcement and Punishment

(1) Violation of this Act should be punishable by death penalty.

3: Exemption

(1) In cases of statutory rape, a team of psychologists should be enlisted to determine whether in each particular case, the minor had the mental capacity to make the decision to consent.

4: Extent

This Act extends to the United Kingdom.

5: Commencement

The provisions of this Act come into force immediately.

6: Short Title

This Act may be cited as the Rape Sentencing Bill 2020.

What happens if someone has been falsely accused and then they are killed?
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A bit of originality would be nice, heretic
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I disagree with this bill, prison is enough.

I know two people falsely accused of rape, for one the girl admitted it and the case never proceeded. For the other, the case actually went to trail.

To think that men could actually not only lose their freedom but actually lose their lives due to spiteful womens lies is completely atrocious
Life_peer
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There are no notes. Should bills like that not be automatically rejected, Andrew97?

What about some vape sentencing for a change?
The Mogg
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Prison is enough of a punishment for rape. So it's a nay.
Bailey14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I can not support this bill, and will oppose it should there be a division.

I have always had the opinion that any legislation that includes the re-implementation of the death penalty / capital punishment should be opposed and I will stick to my views on the matter.
Last edited by Bailey14; 1 month ago
CatusStarbright
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Absolutely not, I will never back any re-implementation of the death penalty. In addition to my personal objections, it should be stated that any re-implementation would be against our obligations under Protocol No. 6 to the Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms concerning the abolition of the death penalty.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Life_peer)
There are no notes. Should bills like that not be automatically rejected, Andrew97?

What about some vape sentencing for a change?
Bills with no notes have been accepted in the past for first readings etc, and notes are not mentioned in the bill writing guide thread. As long as things like this are fixed before division (as bills should ideally have notes) then I see no issue.
Em.-.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
False accusations are too risky. It’s too easy to say sex wasn’t consensual when it was as forensics can’t test this as effectively. I think rape should be punished with much longer sentences than it currently is, but the death penalty doesn’t allow people to be released and receive financial compensation if they’re found innocent later.
SnowMiku
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't know how much I can support the death penalty, but I understand the thought process behind it.
Rape is a crime fully capable of ruining, or via complications or otherwise, potentially ending a life. It's understandable to see that the crime in turn should be met with death.
Still, other honourable members have raised good points with regards to false accusations. If there was a length investigation conducted before and after, with no stone unturned, then this would be fine.
However, life doesn't work like that. Perhaps a grace period of maybe 5-10 years in prison could act as a safeguard for this? Though, this could just be prolonging something that doesn't need it.
JMR2020.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I do not support a bill which will bring back the death penalty - miscarriages of justice happen - and rehabilitation should be the focus of the justice system. And if rehabilitation cannot take place, then a lengthy prison sentence, which can often be a stronger punishment.
Joleee
Badges: 18
Report 1 month ago
i agree with the sentiment Glaz even if it is a legal impossibility. you missed or were not explicit enough to include oral and anal sex tho (which is the definition of rape in our current legislation). was that on purpose or a mistake?
Mainline421
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No I can't support bringing back the death penalty under any circumstances, innocent people will be killed (as evidenced by the number proven false accusations recently), and rapists would not be properly punished, death isn't a punishment for many it would be vastly preferably to a life in prison. Do we really want the state to be deciding who lives and dies?
Grizwuld
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

AND INTRODUCING THE

Public Hanging Bill 2020

Andrew97

On behalf of the whole community I thank you most earnestly for bringing forward this long overdue legislation that finally recognises the vile, depraved & heinous nature of this crime.

Moreover I am honoured to be the torch-bearer to carry your most excellent initiative to the next logical step by introducing an amendment to require that the full deterrent effect be maximized by:

Televising the Execution

on all channels, including netfliz, utube and a podcast.

Saturday early evening, after tea but before dinner would be my suggestion with strictly to follow immediately after to lift the mood of the people.

I favour hanging using the long drop (which of course breaks the neck) - which is more merciful but I must confess I cannot come to a decision as to whether such felons be flogged before hand or not. Perhaps you may care to comment?
Last edited by Grizwuld; 1 month ago
BosslyGaming
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Completely against re-introducing the death penalty - it is absolutely not the right solution.
Connor27
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m not opposed to executing rapists but as I explained to Glaz in the other place, I would prefer for the Bill to be more nuanced by defining it specifically in terms of mass rape.
PotatoFruit
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nah cause what if people are falsely convicted? It’s happened before
Thomp0
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nay.
For false convictions alone, let alone the ethics.
MiaNova
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nay,
Don't agree with the death penalty.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (50)
30.67%
No (85)
52.15%
Don't know (28)
17.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed