The Student Room Group

Prelims start tomorrow

Hi, I’m in s4 and sitting all nat5 this year. My prelims start tomorrow with the first being English and I’ve revised lots for all my prelims and I know I’m capable of doing well but I have this feeling of worry that I can’t shake, any tips on how to calm nerves.
Reply 1
well, we already started on Wednesday, ive done english and maths with minimal revision and found them both easy. Seriously, if you've revised as much as you imply just relax, and youll be fine.
I can totally relate, our prelims start today. My English one is on Thursday and I am so nervous, I've done a tonne of revision but I still feel like I'm going to go in and completely blank. Same goes for Maths really.
Original post by mspratt1
Hi, I’m in s4 and sitting all nat5 this year. My prelims start tomorrow with the first being English and I’ve revised lots for all my prelims and I know I’m capable of doing well but I have this feeling of worry that I can’t shake, any tips on how to calm nerves.

I think that when it comes to nerves, it's important to remind yourself that the relative importance of prelims is low...Your prelim grade is your indication of 'where I'm at now'- it tells you what you need to work on, and what areas you're good at/know well, as well as giving you a chance to try out doing a paper in exam format and conditions. Hope that they go well for you :smile:
Done my English prelim yesterday and it was really easy youse have nothing to worry about
Original post by Baileymck1
Done my English prelim yesterday and it was really easy youse have nothing to worry about

How did you cope with the Critical Reading paper? I have my prelim Thursday and I feel fine about the RUAE, but extremely nervous about paper 2, particularly the essay as I feel like I will freeze up and forget my quotations or what I should be writing.
Paper 2 was okay for my essay I done ”stealing” by carol Anne Duffy and usually I’m really bad at essays but this time I finished it and knew what I was doing it’s all about planning before hand obviously you don’t know what you need to write but you can plan an jntro and plan the structure of your main paragraphs and conclusion, I done an intro, 5 main paragraphs(3 on word choice and 2 on the poem structure) and a conclusion and i only had to remember 3 quotes for this so was easy enough but just don’t panic and take your time you have plenty of time hope this helps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending