Weight loss and loose skin Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I want to lose around 30 pounds (a bit over 2 stone). I am currently around 120 pounds and want to reach 90 pounds (I am a short female so this is healthy, though on the light side of healthy). Will this make me likely to have loose skin? I was wondering what are the best methods of preventing this. I am 18 years old so I suppose if I make sure to lose the weight now, being young, it shouldn’t be too bad.
Wakey02
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Your unlikely to get loose skin if you do the right things to lose weight, ensuring you tone aswell as lose weight. The gym is probably the best thing, personal trainers are very good as the do what’s best for you and what you want
DrTSR
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I want to lose around 30 pounds (a bit over 2 stone). I am currently around 120 pounds and want to reach 90 pounds (I am a short female so this is healthy, though on the light side of healthy). Will this make me likely to have loose skin? I was wondering what are the best methods of preventing this. I am 18 years old so I suppose if I make sure to lose the weight now, being young, it shouldn’t be too bad.
How tall are you exactly?

It is best to lose the weight very slowly. I would say 3-4 lbs a month
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by DrTSR)
How tall are you exactly?

It is best to lose the weight very slowly. I would say 3-4 lbs a month
I’m looking at healthy weight for 4’10” female and would like to be on the lighter side due to me having an unusually narrow frame (it’s clear I’m carrying a lot of fat compared to others my height and weight). My shoulder width is very narrow.
DrTSR
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m looking at healthy weight for 4’10” female and would like to be on the lighter side due to me having an unusually narrow frame (it’s clear I’m carrying a lot of fat compared to others my height and weight). My shoulder width is very narrow.
Okay, lose weight slowly as suggested
sailorsoraka
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
if you lose it v quickly then you might end up with loose skin but there are surgeries specifically to fix that, so it's not the end of the world if it does happen. but would definitely recommend slow weight loss like others said ^^
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
I lost just over 2 stone when I was a bit younger than you and I do have some loose skin as a result. It's not super loose but I do have cellulite that got worse after losing weight because my skin is not as "tight", and I have a bit of skin on my belly that other people at my weight don't have (looks like fat but it's actually just skin). I did exercise at the time but I only did cardio so perhaps that didn't help, and I lost the weight relatively quickly (the second stone was aver around 6-8 weeks - it wasn't done healthily). I do, however, have skin that is very prone to getting stretch marks so if you don't have any of those, you might not get loose skin either.
DrTSR
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by sailorsoraka)
if you lose it v quickly then you might end up with loose skin but there are surgeries specifically to fix that, so it's not the end of the world if it does happen. but would definitely recommend slow weight loss like others said ^^
Soraka needs a buff. No reason to play her now with Senna out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (24)
26.97%
No (50)
56.18%
Don't know (15)
16.85%

Watched Threads