The Student Room Group

What misconceptions did you have about UNI?

Before you went I mean.
That I’d be going out and partying 24/7, especially during freshers. In reality I spent most of freshers bored on my phone on my bed during the day and I only go out 1-2 a week max
That I'd be able to get laid while there.
That I would have the willpower to study on throughout the whole time. I had a "I'm only here to study" mindset.

Now I have a "I'm stressed and I need a drink" mindset.
I assumed that everyone on my course would be my friends/my kind of people - I thought that if they'd picked the same course, they'd have a similar personality/interests to me. Not true at all! :emo:
I thought I’d have more time for my studies because you’re not in every day 9-3:45. Sure I have more time out of lectures than classes, but WAY more work, so in reality it feels like I have less time to do everything.
That I'd make friends with my flatmates and leave uni with a nice group of friends
Reply 7
None really. I went in first time and lasted only a few weeks, so that doesn't count for anything, Second time I went eyes wide open so I pretty much knew what to expect and wasn't really caught out by anything

Quick Reply

Latest