?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Before you went I mean.
TheOnlyIzzy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
That I’d be going out and partying 24/7, especially during freshers. In reality I spent most of freshers bored on my phone on my bed during the day and I only go out 1-2 a week max
awkwardshortguy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
That I'd be able to get laid while there.
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
That I would have the willpower to study on throughout the whole time. I had a "I'm only here to study" mindset.

Now I have a "I'm stressed and I need a drink" mindset.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I assumed that everyone on my course would be my friends/my kind of people - I thought that if they'd picked the same course, they'd have a similar personality/interests to me. Not true at all! :emo:
clueIxss
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I thought I’d have more time for my studies because you’re not in every day 9-3:45. Sure I have more time out of lectures than classes, but WAY more work, so in reality it feels like I have less time to do everything.
Leviathan1741
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
That I'd make friends with my flatmates and leave uni with a nice group of friends
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
None really. I went in first time and lasted only a few weeks, so that doesn't count for anything, Second time I went eyes wide open so I pretty much knew what to expect and wasn't really caught out by anything
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (89)
13.09%
1 (89)
13.09%
2 (86)
12.65%
18.97%
22.35%
19.85%

Watched Threads