RaggeddyAnn1985
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi all

Just wondering what the rules are regarding placement because I have a problem. On the advice of my tutor I left my last placement but she isnt back at work due to illness and I called I dont know how many places to find somewhere to go. Eventually I reached out to my kids nursery for help and they had availability. They agreed to keep me in a separate room to my child so there would be no conflict of interest and thats great. I start next week. I thought thay was fine as it's not advised but no set rule against it and since I'm not working in the same department as my son it should be fine. I cant ok it with my old tutor, and the new one is brilliant but insists we csnt be even in the same school as our own children so now I'm worried because I cant change to a 3rd placement that's a solid rule. I dont have time to change again myself and I can only travel so far which is why this was an ideal placement but now I'm worried. Can they kick me off the course for this or is it really just a suggestion to not go to somewhere you know?
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by RaggeddyAnn1985)
Hi all

Just wondering what the rules are regarding placement because I have a problem. On the advice of my tutor I left my last placement but she isnt back at work due to illness and I called I dont know how many places to find somewhere to go. Eventually I reached out to my kids nursery for help and they had availability. They agreed to keep me in a separate room to my child so there would be no conflict of interest and thats great. I start next week. I thought thay was fine as it's not advised but no set rule against it and since I'm not working in the same department as my son it should be fine. I cant ok it with my old tutor, and the new one is brilliant but insists we csnt be even in the same school as our own children so now I'm worried because I cant change to a 3rd placement that's a solid rule. I dont have time to change again myself and I can only travel so far which is why this was an ideal placement but now I'm worried. Can they kick me off the course for this or is it really just a suggestion to not go to somewhere you know?
:wavey:

I'd recommend speaking to your course leader about this one, particularly as you leaving the previous placement was on advice of your tutor...If you explain the situation, they will hopefully be able to give some certainty, and if it turns out you can't do it there, can hopefully support you in finding an alternative placement.
RaggeddyAnn1985
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by Labrador99)
:wavey:

I'd recommend speaking to your course leader about this one, particularly as you leaving the previous placement was on advice of your tutor...If you explain the situation, they will hopefully be able to give some certainty, and if it turns out you can't do it there, can hopefully support you in finding an alternative placement.
My thinking was as I am stuck and coukdnt find another place as my tutor was off and that they've said I xant change a 3rd time either its here.or its nowhere. I'm already behind my placement days because it took so long for PVG so I'm stressing. Sill need to try and discuss it with them at next guidance meeting
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (8)
10.67%
They've been reasonable (28)
37.33%
Not feeling great... (23)
30.67%
They are TERRIBLE! (16)