Jason8888
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
How can I get the best grade in chem,bio and physics this summer?

I want to maximis my revision for the next few months so I can do well in my a levels.

Any advice. I need tips, websites and useful videos that explain topics clearly. Any help would be much appreciated. 😀🙏
Owenstampy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
gradegorilla.com

Also cgp exam practice workbooks are an absolute god send
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Jason8888)
How can I get the best grade in chem,bio and physics this summer?

I want to maximis my revision for the next few months so I can do well in my a levels.

Any advice. I need tips, websites and useful videos that explain topics clearly. Any help would be much appreciated. 😀🙏
Hi Jason8888 :hello:

I've put together revision techniques that I used as a student to get a First Class undergraduate degree which you can also apply to your A Levels.

Study SMART Not Long: It much easier to implement a regular and successful study schedule if you are studying SMART.
o Set yourself goals.
o Make study techniques that promote greater results.
o Ask for help.
o Reward yourself for progress.
o Take a Break.

S: Set yourself goals for study. For example, make up an exam/essay question and work towards answering it.
M: Remember VARK. Are you a Visual learner, Audio learner, Reading learner or Kinetic learner. Use study techniques that will promote the best learning for yourself.
A: If you are struggling with anything ask your teacher for help. Their job is to help you with your studies. Alternatively, use study guides or the internet to help breakdown tough subjects.
R: When you hit your goals, complete work and meet important deadlines reward yourself with treats. For example, make watching an episode of your favourite show your reward for completing tasks.
T: When you’ve finished studying take breaks. Go for a walk, hang with friends or get a cup of tea and watch TV. It’s important not to overdo revising.

I hope this helps! Good luck with your exams!

Melissa :five:
Jason8888
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thanks for your advice everyone. But do you know of any good revision sites or videos for each topic?

I just don't want to waste time searching for some if possible.
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Jason8888)
Thanks for your advice everyone. But do you know of any good revision sites or videos for each topic?

I just don't want to waste time searching for some if possible.
Hi Jason8888 :hello:

No problem! When I was doing my A Level Chemistry I found past papers to be the best way of revising content. These can be found on the exam board website. Maybe ask your teacher if they can recommend some other good resources?

Good luck with your exams!

Melissa :five:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (114)
51.82%
No (106)
48.18%

Watched Threads