oftrt
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Has anyone done the prelim, any hard questions?
anisha211
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hey! I just did my Nat 5 Physics prelim in December. Honestly, no hard questions. Some do require more thinking - like you don't straight away get what the question is asking you to do and for number problems you might have to use more than 1 formula. I would recommend to go over electricity - it's one of the hardest topics, especially for me. I managed to get an 82% which is an A. The 'using your knowledge of physics' questions are quite difficult. I remember one of them was like explain using your knowledge of physics why a boy can hear a bus honk when he is on a parallel road to where the bus is and I literally wanted to write idk man maybe because he has ears???? But just take your time with those kinda questions and write as much as you can about the topic that the question is from. So yeah! Overall not hard, some questions require more time but not impossible
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by oftrt)
Has anyone done the prelim, any hard questions?
:wavey:

Just wanted to say to keep in mind that different schools use different prelim papers, so the questions others had might not be the same as the ones you get! Hope it goes well
Baileymck1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
My physics prelim is tomorrow
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (9)
9.68%
They've been reasonable (34)
36.56%
Not feeling great... (26)
27.96%
They are TERRIBLE! (24)