Official Warwick 2020 Postgraduate Applicants Thread

Watch
kate zhu
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Couldn't find an thread for Warwick application, so let's get the 2020 one up and running!

- Current University:
- Achieved (Expected) Grade:
- Prospective Course:
- Fun fact/extracurricular activities:

I am applying to Mathematics of Systems Msc. Anyone else applying for the same course?
Koredeb
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Applying for the Msc Business Analytics, submitted about 21-11 but haven’t heard anything yet
mss_p
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi guys,
I applied to Warwick around December 17th, so naturally I haven't received any news yet.

Current university: not very well known school of economics and law in a major German city
Grade: currently at 1.2 (1.0 is the best grade, 4.0 the minimum passing grade), so I expect a first as my thesis is the last outstanding grade.
Prospective course: MA International Relations
Fun fact: spent two semesters abroad while in undergrad (USA & France), have taken university level classes in both English and French, but never in my native language (German). Don't really have any major extracurriculars, I like basically any type of performing arts, political discussions (have a major interest in the mess that is American politics), reading, working out etc.

So tbh it is kinda unlikely that I'll end up attending Warwick as I already have an offer from Durham which I'd prefer because of the general environment (city) and the university there. However, as I'm still waiting for some funding decisions and also have some other applications out there, I can't really say anything yet about where I'm gonna end up. It's still possible I might even go wild and take a gap year after all.

Good luck to you guys!
mtsot
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Koredeb)
Applying for the Msc Business Analytics, submitted about 21-11 but haven’t heard anything yet
Hi! Do you have any updates on your application? I have applied for the same course on 29/01 and since 24/02 is at the initial assessment stage, still waiting...
Koredeb
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi, I applied 22/11 and waited for about two months before getting an update (I emailed them which I think helped because that’s when my application got moved to the next stage) and I got an offer about two weeks after that.
mtsot
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Koredeb)
Hi, I applied 22/11 and waited for about two months before getting an update (I emailed them which I think helped because that’s when my application got moved to the next stage) and I got an offer about two weeks after that.
Thank you very much for the information! Congratulations for the offer
mtsot
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I received also my offer today
Koredeb
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Congratulations!!
Historysmith
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Anyone else heard anything regarding their applications yet? I applied around 10 weeks ago and in the initial email it said a reply took about 6 weeks, iv emailed admissions and they said my application is with the department but that’s all iv had so far, they encouraged me to contact the department which I have but had no response so far
mtsot
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Since when do you wait for the department's response? Moreover, the Business School (I do not know if is relevant) admissions had stated that our admissions process could take a little longer than usual
Historysmith
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have no idea how it works, I just emailed admissions and that is what they told me, I’m aware under the current situation it could take a delay I was just curious if they had given an anticipated timeline
mtsot
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Historysmith)
I have no idea how it works, I just emailed admissions and that is what they told me, I’m aware under the current situation it could take a delay I was just curious if they had given an anticipated timeline
Is it possible to call them or due to the covid-19 only email is possible? For personal experience, this kind of update happens a lot faster over the phone.
Historysmith
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by mtsot)
Is it possible to call them or due to the covid-19 only email is possible? For personal experience, this kind of update happens a lot faster over the phone.
I may give them a call I appreciate it may be difficult with the current situation for them to get things sorted
soumsidd23
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I applied for M.Sc Statistics around 2 months back. They moved to the initial check stage last week after sending out couple of mails. Till now did not get a reply. I have other Universities' offers in hand for which the deadline to accept is approaching. Is there anyone else in such a situation? Also, anyone else who has applied for the same course?
Stef1234
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hi!

So I have submitted my application on November 25th and it was complete on December 13th, I was interviewed in early February and since I haven’t heard anything...

The day before yesterday I sent them an email and now my portal changed. The timeline is gone and the tab “actions required by applicant” is also gone. They haven’t replied to the email btw.

I applied for French by research with the 15000 words dissertation (not the 30000+ one).

Any opinions on this interesting situation?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (238)
61.03%
No (81)
20.77%
Not sure (71)
18.21%

Watched Threads