Shibu the Doge
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi! My predicted grades are AAB and I'm applying to MSci Astrophysics courses. Am I likely to get these offers? Almost all of them are above my predicted grades

Kings collage A*AB
Southampton - AAA
Surrey - AAA
Royal Holloway - AAA
Sussex - AAB
Shibu the Doge
Rep:
?
help
emiloujess
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Shibu the Doge)
Hi! My predicted grades are AAB and I'm applying to MSci Astrophysics courses. Am I likely to get these offers? Almost all of them are above my predicted grades

Kings collage A*AB
Southampton - AAA
Surrey - AAA
Royal Holloway - AAA
Sussex - AAB
Hello! It depends year to year tbh - number of applicants, quality of applicants - as well as other aspects of your application such as personal statement, references etc. Most people do select one or two aspirational choices and sometimes do get offers from them though.

Good luck!
Shibu the Doge
Rep:
?
(Original post by emiloujess)
Hello! It depends year to year tbh - number of applicants, quality of applicants - as well as other aspects of your application such as personal statement, references etc. Most people do select one or two aspirational choices and sometimes do get offers from them though.

Good luck!
Thank you so much! I'll try to improve my personal statement.
emiloujess
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you so much! I'll try to improve my personal statement.
UCAS deadline is the 15th, right? Be sure to allow your school time to process the application and send it off too!
Shibu the Doge
Rep:
?
UCAS deadline is the 15th, right? Be sure to allow your school time to process the application and send it off too!
Yup its the 15th :eek: Im thinking of sending it of tonight Hopefully the school will process it on tomorrow :afraid:
emiloujess
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yup its the 15th :eek: Im thinking of sending it of tonight Hopefully the school will process it on tomorrow :afraid:
Making the deadline is most likely better than spending that extra bit of time on your personal statement. After the deadline, equal consideration won’t be given. I’d try and get it sent off within the working day today

I know the nerves though - I applied for my undergrad 4 years ago now. Makes me feel old :K:
Shibu the Doge
Rep:
?
Making the deadline is most likely better than spending that extra bit of time on your personal statement. After the deadline, equal consideration won’t be given. I’d try and get it sent off within the working day today

I know the nerves though - I applied for my undergrad 4 years ago now. Makes me feel old :K:
Thats true. I'll try to send it asap no good in changing one or two words if mine gets considered late

Time flies!:angelwings: I can't believe 2015 was 4 years ago :eek:
Are you doing your masters now?:proud:
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Kings collage A*AB
Southampton - AAA
Surrey - AAA
Royal Holloway - AAA
Sussex - AAB
I would expect you to get offers from at least 4 of those unis - no guarantees of course. The least likely one is Kings of course since they are the most competitive one. It is also possible that Kings will make you an alternative offer for their BSc course in Physics with Astrophysics instead, since you do meet the entry requirements for that course
emiloujess
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thats true. I'll try to send it asap no good in changing one or two words if mine gets considered late

Time flies!:angelwings: I can't believe 2015 was 4 years ago :eek:
Are you doing your masters now?:proud:
Good luck, I’m almost nervous for you 😅

No, ended up changing course after the first year (my grades were fine, but I HATED it). Now applying for masters, sent my application in on 16th December :woo:
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Kings collage A*AB
Southampton - AAA
Surrey - AAA
Royal Holloway - AAA
Sussex - AAB
You can apply to BSc and then change once you're there, provided you perform well enough at uni. Having some of them be one grade lower (as they sometimes are for BSc) would give you a bit more breathing room.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (274)
60.89%
Yes- I don't like it (22)
4.89%