Stress and internal issues

Watch
Smoky saif
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
So I am in year 11 and have picked my A levels and am extremely stressed and worried. I even started crying due to the amount of pressure and stress in my room when I’m alone.

I am really upset with maths as I want to do it for A level however I am getting really bad grades like grade 5. I don’t know what to do. I have been revising for a while now and I still don’t seem to improve at all for that subject. I want to achieve a 7 and as a day goes by everyday I realise that I have less time to achieve that grade which puts more pressure on me.

My mental health is really bad right now and I don’t know what to do.
Owenstampy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Smoky saif)
So I am in year 11 and have picked my A levels and am extremely stressed and worried. I even started crying due to the amount of pressure and stress in my room when I’m alone.

I am really upset with maths as I want to do it for A level however I am getting really bad grades like grade 5. I don’t know what to do. I have been revising for a while now and I still don’t seem to improve at all for that subject. I want to achieve a 7 and as a day goes by everyday I realise that I have less time to achieve that grade which puts more pressure on me.

My mental health is really bad right now and I don’t know what to do.
Speak to someone at school. I know you might not want to, but honestly I've been there and its the only way forward.

Talk to any teacher and then they'll pass it on to the appropriate team.

The thing is that your stress is probably worse then you think so immediate action is required.

Please see one of your teachers asap.

The good thing is you've recognized your mental health is bad, all you have to do now is let school put things in place for you and be wanting to get better.

Don't be embarrassed about it, it happens to most People in a life time.

Its not your ability holding you back, it's your mental health.

Bad mental health = Bad grades
trust me on that

As soon as your Better you'll understand what I mean.

For the sake of you and your GCSEs see any teacher today.

All the best
PetitePanda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Maybe ask your teachers for feedback if you dont know what to do and start from there. Even though you have less time every day, each day will still have an impact on getting your 7.

In my D.T mock, I got a 2 so I was really bummed through this; I had the exact same thoughts as you, where time wouldn't be enough due to the amount of unfinished coursework and content I had to learn. However, you still get those high grades from any point as long as you work hard from it no matter how long you have left; I did achieve an 8 despite having 4-5 months left due to do my coursework and revision, on top of my other gcse exams.

Don't worry and just do the best you can do. Thankfully maths is a subject you can get more marks of after a lot of practice but I think your starting point is figuring out what you do know and what you dont and consolidate after every past paper you do. If your mental health is bad, maybe checking up with the school or some medical service to see if they have any advice on this. Maybe find a person to talk to because when my mental health was bad, I found out that talking to someone about it helped me, even if it's slightly, so maybe it'll work for you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (121)
15.67%
Uncertainty around my education (125)
16.19%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (72)
9.33%
Isolating with family (51)
6.61%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (30)
3.89%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (66)
8.55%
Loneliness (82)
10.62%
Financial worries (32)
4.15%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (70)
9.07%
Exposure to negative news/social media (50)
6.48%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (73)
9.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed