Physician Associate Swansea 2020 ENTRY Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, Is anyone on here applying for this course this year at Swansea? I tried to check their facebook but it looks its been inactive for the last year or so.
kkkjjj
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey, I'm looking to apply. Just writing my personal statement at the moment. I messaged their Facebook a while ago and got no reply so don't think it's active. What course have you done and what experience do you have? I don't think I'll get in with my experience haha
jenniferuttams
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi I’m thinking to apply for the course as well but I’m a bit concerned that the entry requirements are maths and science GCSEs, I do have them but I haven’t been able to find my certificates for years as proof. Any advice? Hopefully they’d only look at my BSc degree grade.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by kkkjjj)
Hey, I'm looking to apply. Just writing my personal statement at the moment. I messaged their Facebook a while ago and got no reply so don't think it's active. What course have you done and what experience do you have? I don't think I'll get in with my experience haha
I messaged them on Facebook also but no response. I’m currently working as a Senior clinical Audiologist in South Wales so I’m hoping it works to my advantage. What about you?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by jenniferuttams)
Hi I’m thinking to apply for the course as well but I’m a bit concerned that the entry requirements are maths and science GCSEs, I do have them but I haven’t been able to find my certificates for years as proof. Any advice? Hopefully they’d only look at my BSc degree grade.
Haha! I’m having the same problem! And also, they’re only asking for English GCSE at Swansea, not maths and English. I had to contact my old high school, find out what exam board was and I’m contacting them on Monday to ask for a new one. It’s going to cost around £40/50 but needed.
jenniferuttams
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Haha! I’m having the same problem! And also, they’re only asking for English GCSE at Swansea, not maths and English. I had to contact my old high school, find out what exam board was and I’m contacting them on Monday to ask for a new one. It’s going to cost around £40/50 but needed.
oh ok £40-£50 isn't bad. How did you find out the price?
It's just annoying having to pay for it; I've been trying to avoid that for years
Anonymous #1
oh ok £40-£50 isn't bad. How did you find out the price?
It's just annoying having to pay for it; I've been trying to avoid that for years
I basically went on their website and then gave them a ring. It’s super annoying that the university even want it to be honest, I mean how did I do my undergrad without it ??
jenniferuttams
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I basically went on their website and then gave them a ring. It’s super annoying that the university even want it to be honest, I mean how did I do my undergrad without it ??
Haha Yh I know!
It’s annoying, I rang them a few days ago and you need GCSE maths and English Lang but you don’t need the certificates straight away when you apply but as long as you have them ready for interviews they said
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Haha Yh I know!
It’s annoying, I rang them a few days ago and you need GCSE maths and English Lang but you don’t need the certificates straight away when you apply but as long as you have them ready for interviews they said
On the application, it only says English ?? They want maths too? Bloody hell!
PA-RN23
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by kkkjjj)
Everyone will bring different experience/life experience and qualities to the course, don't worry. As long as you hit the minimum requirements and you are passionate about the role and what it involves, you've got a shot. Then you can shine at interview and utilise your strengths. What is your background?

On the application, it only says English ?? They want maths too? Bloody hell!
I'm just completing my application for Swansea PA MSc too.

I contacted them and they did say they needed GCSE Maths and English certificates though as others have said - some exam boards have a long delay in processing applications for replacement certificates etc - something to consider if they are needing them for interview.

Does anyone know what the interview involves and when they normally take place? (Probably jinxed myself for getting an interview now :rolleyes:)
jenniferuttams
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by PA-RN23)
Everyone will bring different experience/life experience and qualities to the course, don't worry. As long as you hit the minimum requirements and you are passionate about the role and what it involves, you've got a shot. Then you can shine at interview and utilise your strengths. What is your background?

I'm just completing my application for Swansea PA MSc too.

I contacted them and they did say they needed GCSE Maths and English certificates though as others have said - some exam boards have a long delay in processing applications for replacement certificates etc - something to consider if they are needing them for interview.

Does anyone know what the interview involves and when they normally take place? (Probably jinxed myself for getting an interview now :rolleyes:)
You've gotten an interview? Do you know when the dates are?
PA-RN23
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
You've gotten an interview? Do you know when the dates are?
No, I was just asking if anyone knows what the interview involves (thinking ahead incase I’m lucky enough to get one)
thatcooldude2.0
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Are transcripts OK instead of certificates, I don't think I actually have any certificates
PA-RN23
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by thatcooldude2.0)
Are transcripts OK instead of certificates, I don't think I actually have any certificates
I would contact admissions directly to ask this.

I wouldn't want to risk answering that and being wrong - they may expect certificates for your degree and GCSE maths/english but not for any other courses you put on your application

I don't have my certificate for my A2 Biology and admissions said it didn't matter as long as I had my degree and GCSE maths/english

I'd give them a call or drop them an email
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (47)
31.54%
No (76)
51.01%
Don't know (26)
17.45%

Watched Threads